Are RSN's covered in Dish HD Absolute pack

ozzy1028

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2007
I have recently been thinking about changing over to the Dish HD Absolute pack to save on my monthly bill. Right now its right around $99.00 for top 250 with hd and locals. I just cant justify paying that much for tv programming that doesnt get watched. About 95% of our tv viewing we could get on the dish hd absolute package, with the exception of the big ten network and fox sports detroit. Are the RSN's covered in this package? I went on the website and everytime I tried changing the programming in "My Programming" under locals, the fsn and big ten network would disappear. I guess I may just have to sacrifice the 2 channels.

I may have posted this too late. Was reading on the new "turbo" hd packs they have lined up in a different thread. Interesting.

I was listening to the lastest satguys podcast and I think I'm sure scott said that the rsn's would be included. So a lot of people like myself were waiting for that. I just wish that g4 would go hd cause thats the only sd channel I still briefly watch. However I heard that it would cost more than $29.99, but if you had the pack before these changes, you would be grandfathered in until next year.

...However I heard that it would cost more than $29.99, but if you had the pack before these changes, you would be grandfathered in until next year.

However, no official word from e* yet on if those who are grandfathered in will get the benefits of the new package (ie the RSNs). The consensus is that it is not likely. That is one of the million dollar questions, that will hopefully be answered SOON. (pref before 8/1)

RSNs are not available in the Absolue package. From what I have been reading, the Turbo packages will NOT be available to current subscribers, only new subscribers.

RSNs are not available in the Absolue package. From what I have been reading, the Turbo packages will NOT be available to current subscribers, only new subscribers.
Thats been Dish here lately for us, screwing thier customers. One day we'll probably wake up with nothing. Im thinking about DirecTv.