Are the Directv antennas compatible with Dishnetwork

avelez8328

Original poster
May 2, 2005
I want to see if somebody can tell me if the directv antennas are compatible with the dishnetwork receivers. I have a second 301 receiver with the dishlatinomax package. I need to connect this receiver in the other side of the house, the runs of cable would be too long and I want to install another dish. my package came with a dishnetwork super 500 for my pvr but now I decided to change location and dont know what antenna to buy. I have some directv antennas but I am not sure if the lnb's will work. I have a single one and a triple lnb form my old directv tivo.Any info will be helpfull.

Thanks.

welcome to the site, glad you are here.

the only directv lnbs that will work with dish network are the signal type (one). this would work pointing at one satellite location.

Hi Korsjs-

what hapens in the case I need to point to two satellites 110 and 119. Can I use the directv tivo dish and change the LNB's for dishnetwork lnb's. Also with a standard dishnetwork receiver do I need the super dish 500 Lnb's, or can they be legacy lnb's. I dont know the difference between the legacy, 500, and super 500 lnb's. Thanks for the info.

Andres

ANY legacy single sat D* dish will work. Most D* dishes were rectungular LNB, and will not work with DP LNBs. The D* Phase I or Plus dish WILL work as a D500. DO NOT use the D* SAT C LNB since it is different from standard LNBs. 2 SIngle sat D* dishes can be combined with an SW21 to get the D500 setup.

thanks for the reply, I am totally lost now. What does the D* stand for? I am new to this forum and dont understand the terminology. I still dont know if I can use my directv tivo dish and just replace the lnb's?

as a last resort, you might be able to (if you're really good at it), bolt another D* LNB next to the one you use for 110 to get 119, but I have no idea how well that'd work.. or even if you can do that.

OoTLink said:
as a last resort, you might be able to (if you're really good at it), bolt another D* LNB next to the one you use for 110 to get 119, but I have no idea how well that'd work.. or even if you can do that.

And WHY would you want to????????????? That's a horrible way to set up a dish. Just get another dish and set it up. The OP was asking if he could use the dish, not mangle it.......

Thanks guys for all the responses to my questions. I found a bracket some guy makes to attach the second LNB it goes for like 16.00 Dls on e-bay and it will hold two standard directv lnb's which I have with me, that way I dont have to buy a new setup. it is similar to the tie wrap solution but made in alumimuim, let see how it works.

Andres

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts