Are the few new sunspots making a difference?

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Regarding those two sunspots that appeared lately....conditions were pretty dismal on the ham bands until they showed up. The past several days on HF I've heard Europe coming in very well, especially on 30, 20, and 17m, just like the old days when we had a good number of sunspots. Has anyone noticed an improvement in propagation over the past week?

Reactions: N5XZS
Late last night I heard DX calling CQ on 40 meters...believe it was Italy. That was cool considering I'm hamstrung regarding antennas due to HOA and am using a magnetic loop. I threw out a call responding to his CQ but of course no reply -

Reactions: N5XZS
Listening to Radio Marti on 6030. Elton John is booming in ATM

Edit: Many more picking up. CHU Canada, Romania, WWV @ 5000, radio rebelde @ 5025, etc
Good considering I'm only using the 18 inch whip in a high rf environment.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was cleaning the car and just for fun I turned on the CB radio that's installed and to my surprise I had S9 level DX from Florida and other southern east coast states. When I went in for lunch, I tried out 10 meters which I thought most likely was open and not a signal on the waterfall anywhere on 10m. At least I tried for about 30 minutes to make some contacts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts