Are the new Top 100 channels up?

i have a Dish 1000 and i cant get KBS World which is one of the new channels...

I'll chime in on this but not 100% sure.

KBS America shows on channel 652. When I go to it I find the channel logo says KBS World so I think this is what you are looking for.

It is on the 61.5 and 148 satellites. Seeing as the Dish 1000 only gets, again as far as I know, you are only seeing the 110, 119 and 129 birds. I think that is why you don't see the channel even though it is considered a free public interest channel.

This is not anything new to your teir of channels as well. The only things new are the 32 CD stereo music channels going down to the new AT-100 pack from the old AT-120 (now called AT-200).

There is really not much new on the new packages except for the fact E* has been slowly adding channels throughout the course of the past couple of years. The new package names just more correctly reflect the amount of channels that you now get.

Again, I am not 100% sure so if I got any of this wrong, somebody else correct me.

KBS World is at 61.5°, 121° and 148°. You cannot receive this channel with a Dish 1000 alone.

KBS world has been available to all AT subscribers for months.

See ya
Tony

[edit] wow! too slow... :)

The only "new" channels will be for AT100/AT60 subscribers. They either already get or will shortly be getting the 32 stereo muzak channels on 950-981

See ya
Tony

KBS World is at 61.5°, 121° and 148°. You cannot receive this channel with a Dish 1000 alone.

KBS world has been available to all AT subscribers for months.

See ya
Tony

[edit] wow! too slow... :)

The only "new" channels will be for AT100/AT60 subscribers. They either already get or will shortly be getting the 32 stereo muzak channels on 950-981

See ya
Tony

Dang Tony.. we must have been typing at the same time but you add the 121.. Trust Tony.. He knows it all! lol

And I have been corrected on the music.. :D

KBS or KBS World is also on the 118.7.

On 121, it is 704 and 9850. It use to be, those with qualifying programming and had a dish pointed at 121 would get it for free and I think on channel 9850, but maybe they would also get it on 704.

A few months ago, I thought they were making KBS World a Public Information Channel, but don't know if this ever happened or not. I also get it with the Korean Variety Pack (but 121 only has 4 of the 6 channels).

Either Thursday evening or Friday evening, Dish had problems broadcasting KBS for awhile, at least on sats 61.5 and 121, but it is working fine now.

Yes, KBS is a Free PI channel at 61.5° and 148°. It is also still free at 9850°.

Again, by "Free" I mean it is part of the public interest package which is part of AT100 and up but can be ordered by ANY subsriber to Dish Network.

See ya
Tony

Again, by "Free" I mean it is part of the public interest package which is part of AT100 and up but can be ordered by ANY subsriber to Dish Network.
AT100 and above get it automatically, but "Dish Family" would get it when they request (free) access to the PI channels (and provided they have the equipment).

Thanks for the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts