Are there any locals left on a Conus beam?

I haven't checked this list recently, but this is what I have for CONUS locals:

Bluefield, WV (HD) 77
Cincinnati, OH (HD) 77
Columbus, GA (HD) 77
Davenport, IA (HD) 77
Evansville, IN (HD) 77
Ft Wayne, IN (HD) 61.5
Jacksonville, FL (HD) 77
Lexington, KY (HD) 77
Lima, OH (HD) 77
Little Rock, AR (HD) 77
Louisville, KY(HD) 77
New York, NY (SD 119
Paducah, KY (HD) 77
Springfield, MO (HD) 77

Reactions: dishdude
Does anyone have a clue why Dish continues to "Mirror" many of those markets on 77 even though they are now on 61.5 too?

The only ones on that list that are only available on CONUS birds are:
Cincinnati, OH (HD) 77
Ft Wayne, IN (HD) 61.5
Louisville, KY(HD) 77
New York, NY (SD 119

The rest are on 61.5 as well as 77. Maybe the spot beams on 61.5 don't cover the entire markets? Just speculation, but I would be afraid to depend on any of the markets other than these four since at any time Dish could eliminate the 77 bird mirrors of those already on 61.5

Sadly, none of these markets are outside the Eastern/Central time zones either. Just once I'd love to see a CONUS set of locals in the Mountain/Pacific time zones.

Reactions: pattykay
Is there any reason at all to have 77 if your locals don't require it or you don't want channels in SD?

The eastern arc hybrid LNB for the H3 is 61.5 and 72.7 only. As a very mobile RV'er though, there have been a number of times when we were on heavily treed campsites where I could "hit" 72.7 and 77 through a small gap, but not 61.5 and 72.7. In those situations, I was glad I had an EA triple sat LNB for our portable 1000.4 dish.

Reactions: pattykay
The eastern arc hybrid LNB for the H3 is 61.5 and 72.7 only. As a very mobile RV'er though, there have been a number of times when we were on heavily treed campsites where I could "hit" 72.7 and 77 through a small gap, but not 61.5 and 72.7. In those situations, I was glad I had an EA triple sat LNB for our portable 1000.4 dish.
Just to add to this, the older LNB for the EA 1000.4 (which includes 77) has an input for a 4th satellite location, while the old LNB for the EA 1000.2 (61.5 and 72.7 only) does not have an input, if I remember correctly. So, the LNB that includes 77 comes in handy if you want some kind of mixed-arc setup, which is the main reason why I have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)