Showtime for $5 for six months

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
Got a deal in my email from Dish:
upload_2017-4-23_9-41-56.png

I had to do a chat to add it. The CSR seemed unaware (shock I know). Price goes to $10 after six months, but the chat rep said $15. Just in time for Twin Peaks next month!

Fine print at bottom:
Eligible customers will receive promotional pricing for the first 6 months. After 6 months, a $10 per month price applies unless you call or go online to downgrade. Prices, packages, programming and offers subject to change without notice. Additional charges, taxes and restrictions may apply. Offers end 5/31/17. Only available for current customers in good standing with qualifying DISH service who are not currently subscribed to Showtime.

Got a deal in my email from Dish:
View attachment 125834

I had to do a chat to add it. The CSR seemed unaware (shock I know). Price goes to $10 after six months, but the chat rep said $15. Just in time for Twin Peaks next month!

Fine print at bottom:
Eligible customers will receive promotional pricing for the first 6 months. After 6 months, a $10 per month price applies unless you call or go online to downgrade. Prices, packages, programming and offers subject to change without notice. Additional charges, taxes and restrictions may apply. Offers end 5/31/17. Only available for current customers in good standing with qualifying DISH service who are not currently subscribed to Showtime.
Hopefully still available when ray donovan starts

Sent from my SM-G920P using the SatelliteGuys app!

When I login to my account, it shows the price of Showtime is $10 under the Premium tab, so it appears that $10 is the new monthly price for showtime.

Reactions: pattykay
When I login to my account, it shows the price of Showtime is $10 under the Premium tab, so it appears that $10 is the new monthly price for showtime.
Maybe they are getting the message that $15.00 is too damn high for a premium channel pack. HBO got that message and went down to $10.00 and so should Showtime. To me no premium pack is worth more than $10.00.

Mine was the same way, I had to do a chat to get the $5 price.
I got the email and found out I couldn't do it online. But, thankfully, when I call the 800 number, the robot first asked me if the first four letters of my account began with blah, blah, blah and I punched 1, the robot then asked if I was calling to get Showtime for $5 to punch 1 again and that was all there was to it. I called the last phone number listed in the email.

I find I watch Showtime more than HBO. Is it just me? I guess I prefer the movies that Showtime has.

Nope, not just you. But I’m more into the original series then the movies.

Showtime is my most watched TV channel and has been for the better part of the past decade. Homeland, Billions, Ray Donovan, Shameless, The Affair, Dice and Inside The NFL are all the current shows I watch on there. In the past few years I’ve watched Masters of Sex, Roadies, Penny Dreadful (first 2 seasons only), House of Lies, Californication, Inside NASCAR, Jim Rome, 60 Minutes Sports. I may give the continuation of Twin Peaks a try.

For HBO, it’s just The Leftovers, Silicon Valley, Ballers, Hard Knocks and True Detective, if it ever comes back. Never could get into Game of Thrones, did not care for Westworld at all and gave up on Real Sports because of was sick of the Skinny Gumball sticking his political bias in every chance he got. Years ago I just watched The Soprano’s and Six Feet Under years ago. To me, Cinemax has been more compelling then HBO. Strike Back, The Kick, Banshee, Outcast and Quarry. All great series

Maybe they are getting the message that $15.00 is too damn high for a premium channel pack. HBO got that message and went down to $10.00 and so should Showtime. To me no premium pack is worth more than $10.00.
It could also be psychology. You have a couple type of subscribers. Ones that don't care what the price is (and pay whatever), others that do care. So Dish hikes the rate, quite happy to cut a deal for those that ask, but will take in the extra bucks from people that are willing to pay the higher rate.

Has anyone who didn't get the email tried contacting Dish to get the $5 Showtime offer?
Well, I didn't call the phone number in this thread. Instead, I called the number for the Office of the President that was listed in another thread, and I got Showtime for free for three months. :thumbup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)