Are there any new (i.e. NOT preowned) Dish remote model 40.0 anywhere left?

freetek

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2020
Grantsville, WV
We have a very old receiver with that remote and have had one remote replaced and now this one is dying.
I rescued this one before but after a stroke last year, my manual dexterity is waay down so cannot use my hands as I once could and would likely damage the case opening it.
I hate Google and refuse to use anything related to them including the spyware "Assistant" which is part of the free 54.1 it claims mine to be when looking at my system model numbers although my dying 40.0 still kind of works.
I've spent hours trying to find one that isn't "preowned" with no luck.

Thanks, Steve in WV

Steve, for what it's worth, I've had very good luck with used remotes (and refurbished receivers) from Dish. I wore out the skip forward key on my old 6.3's, and I had to replace those even though they were brand new when we got them.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Solid Signal has the 40.0 listed:

Thanks for the pointer. Solid Signal didn't have any of the 52.0 remotes but an eBay seller had them for $16 each (via an offer) new. I have a couple of 54 remotes which my fingers just can't for some reason hit the right button and even one of the rare track-pad remotes.

But for some reason, my Golden only thinks that the 52's are tasty enough to look like and taste like bones. He's eaten and destroyed two of them in the past month. :( So I got two new ones for 32 bucks. I think that's a good deal. Now to dip them in cat piss!!!

Steve, for what it's worth, I've had very good luck with used remotes (and refurbished receivers) from Dish. I wore out the skip forward key on my old 6.3's, and I had to replace those even though they were brand new when we got them.
Thanks for your reply, there are many "preowned" on eBay, was hoping to find one new but that does not seem possible.
I've cracked these and had good luck restoring these using Qtips and contact cleaner, but due to a stroke, my dexterity is shot

Thanks for your reply, there are many "preowned" on eBay, was hoping to find one new but that does not seem possible.
I've cracked these and had good luck restoring these using Qtips and contact cleaner, but due to a stroke, my dexterity is shot
The Solid Signal one listed above is $20 and I believe that is the shipped cost. I don't think Solid Signal is selling preowned. I'd go for that in a flash if I needed one.

The Solid Signal one listed above is $20 and I believe that is the shipped cost. I don't think Solid Signal is selling preowned. I'd go for that in a flash if I needed one.
I saw that listing and sent them an email inquiring its condition I'll chime in with their reply, thanks.

Have their reply:

"
Good Afternooon,

In response to your inquiry above regarding item: ES190482 (DISH 40.0 IR RF Remote Control for Hopper and Joey Receivers), these items are 'NEW' items.

Thank you

I will buy two which should outlast me :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
We have a very old receiver with that remote and have had one remote replaced and now this one is dying.
I rescued this one before but after a stroke last year, my manual dexterity is waay down so cannot use my hands as I once could and would likely damage the case opening it.
I hate Google and refuse to use anything related to them including the spyware "Assistant" which is part of the free 54.1 it claims mine to be when looking at my system model numbers although my dying 40.0 still kind of works.
I've spent hours trying to find one that isn't "preowned" with no luck.

Thanks, Steve in WV
Thanks to all who have replied and Solid Signal has them, two on order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts