Are there HD Channels in Encore and Superstation packages

The last time I talked with a csr they looked it up for me about the superstations and they said no not at this time that was about 3 weeks ago.....I was also intrested in adding them to my programming esp. if they were in HD.

One Starz channel in H an no superstations in HD at this time. Tons of threads on the superstation side of things.

Some Encore channels are included as a part of Starz package. So the answer could be either 0 or 1 depending on which package is being refer to. (To me it didn't seem the OP wasn't all that clear as to which Encore channels.)

I'm unaware of ANY Starz channels on Dish Network being available for anything other than the separate Starz package. On Dish Network the Encore channels are part of the AT250, and NO Starz channels available. This is a unique arrangement Dish Network has. Most other providers offer Encore and Starz together in the package marketed as "the Starz Superpack." If this is incorrect, please explain.

Some Encore channels are included as a part of Starz package. So the answer could be either 0 or 1 depending on which package is being refer to. (To me it didn't seem the OP wasn't all that clear as to which Encore channels.)

No encore channel is in HD no matter what package you are referring to. BTW there is no Encore package per se. you can get Encore as part ofa basic package (e..AT 250) or a s part of the Starz package.

Is that clear enough?

Last edited:
No encore channel is in HD no matter what package you are refeerin to. if you get Starz you will get Starz HD as well.

Yep. Encore hd ceased existing about a year or so ago.

Dish never carried this channel.

Edit: Just found out encore hd ceased 3 years ago.:)

I'm unaware of ANY Starz channels on Dish Network being available for anything other than the separate Starz package. On Dish Network the Encore channels are part of the AT250, and NO Starz channels available. This is a unique arrangement Dish Network has. Most other providers offer Encore and Starz together in the package marketed as "the Starz Superpack." If this is incorrect, please explain.

OP did not make reference to Encore Superpak, just Encore. Since the Encore East is included in the Starz package, included info in case OP named the wrong (Starz/Encore) package (and since I'm not sure you can get the Superpak as an add on separately anymore). Starz pack has one HD channel, Encore Superpak and Superstations package have none.

It would be nice to get the encore channels in hd. Ive been watching these channels more and more lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts