are there plans for a single with 5 lnbs like directtv?

Bagwell

Jan 14, 2006
New here, and have been lurking for a while. I have ordered 622 with install twice, and cancelled twice with credit back since feb. I live in virginia beach, va. 23456. I want to get the everything package, locals, all hi-def including all voom. They tell me I have to have a superdish and a dish 1000 for all the channels I want. I have seen these dishes on other roofs, they seem huge, so I cancelled install twice. Does anyone know if there are definate plans for a single dish with more three lnb's in the immediate future from dishnetwork? I believe I need satellites 105, 110,119, 61.5

"are there plans for a single with 5 lnbs like directtv? "

Hopefully not. As to your question, I understand that locals are being moved from 105 to 110. If that's the case they will install 2 D500s, one for 119 and 110 and another one for 61.5.

Thanks for the replys. So if all the voom channels, my locals and hi-def goes to 110,119,129 eventually, I would only need one dish if I were to hold off on getting voom and locals for now, and still be able to pick them up later when they switch sats? Which dish would be best for my scenario, d1000 or superdish? I do have a dish500 on the roof from years ago, pointed at 110, 119. Would like to get dish service, just dont want two huge dish's on roof, house is pretty small ranch. I think the smaller the house is, the larger the dish's look. What is the timeframe for programming switch, when echo 10 comes online, few months or by end 2006?

Large antennas

If you wait about another month Superdish will be no longer, so you will not need a large dish to get all programming. Dish is getting out of the superdish business, it is just to costly and signal quality has been a problem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts