Are these two the same thing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are these two the same thing?

a sw21 and a dpp separator?

If not, how do they differ? :confused:
No they are not. a DPP seperator tales a single input from the satellite dish and splits it two out puts, they are used on dual tuner receivers. They eliminate the need to run two cables to each dual tuner receiver that you have. A SW21 is a switch that is used to combine the outputs of two satellite dishes into one cable. The SW21 is a legacy switch that is no longer ins use (I could be wrong), because the newest LNB's have a switch built into them. For example when I first had a 61.5 dish installed, before HD, the signal form that dish and the signal from my 110/119 dish were combined using a sw21. Now the LNB from the 61.5 is connected directly to the LNB on the 110/119 dish because the switch is built in.

Ross

Thanks R0ss.

Well just last august I got a "professional" installation of the following:

one dish--one cal amp [FONT=verdana,arial]LNBF[/FONT]--one eagle dtv32+ --two zinwell ms3x4wb-z --four cabletronix ct-sw21.

That is supposed to be for a Dish 500 with 2 VIP receivers. And they ran two cables to each dual tuner receiver...

I guess they set me up with old hardware...:(

It's not necessarily old equipment. It's just not official Dish Network equipment. The parts that you describe are for mini-dish systems and can be used for either Dish or Direct.

The Dish Network separator is Dish Pro Plus technology that is meant to be used with their Dish Pro Plus equipment (receivers, LNBFs, switches).

From your other pots you are in Puerto Rico?

Boba you seems to got it.

Here in PR, most retailers still use legacy gear,That's why I assume the OP have this question.However change is coming on that matter when 2 things happen, First, Echo 14 becomes operational,Second When the 2 RSP offices start doing business.

For the more technically interested:

The SW21 takes the output of 2 satellite dishes and sends it down one cable to the receiver. Note that only 1/2 of one satellite signal goes down the the receiver at a time. The receiver sends a signal up the cable to the switch telling it which satellite it wants to look at, and which half (odd or even).

Dish Pro sent both halves of a satellite down the cable at once, which is why it requires higher quality cable. It sends each half (odd and even) in a separate band.

With the advent of Dish Pro Plus technology instead of sending down the output of one satellite, the switch could send half one satellite and half another (or the same one, any combination). So, the receiver sends a signal to the switch saying what it wants to see on each input. The bands are separated by the separator and fed into the back of the unit.

From your other pots you are in Puerto Rico?

Yes

Boba you seems to got it.

Here in PR, most retailers still use legacy gear,That's why I assume the OP have this question.However change is coming on that matter when 2 things happen, First, Echo 14 becomes operational,Second When the 2 RSP offices start doing business.

So, as of now, my "old" legacy gear is the standard installation for a Dish 500 here in Puerto Rico? And, once Echo 14 becomes operational, would my hardware will be replaced?

Yes

So, as of now, my "old" legacy gear is the standard installation for a Dish 500 here in Puerto Rico? And, once Echo 14 becomes operational, would my hardware will be replaced?

As is today,yes,is the standard,However when echo 14 becomes operational it will not necessarily your hardware be replaced(at least not for free).By June we expect to use just one 30" dish on new installations and we'll hope to use DPP gear on them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)