Are you a teacher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Hey if your a teacher and want to find a new area to work then consider Virginia Beach, 293 local school system employee's ranging from cafeteria to principals retired yesterday.

Most districts nationally are offering early retirement bonuses. I'm guessing theirs was a nice offer.

dewzan - totally uncalled for post. This is a family forum and your generalization is absurd.

Most districts nationally are offering early retirement bonuses. I'm guessing theirs was a nice offer.

You're probably right! I have a relative here in Florida who will be retiring, err... collecting her pension of full salary and then going right back to work, at the same job for 5 more years before early SS retirement. And we wonder why this country is going broke.

Teachers are losing jobs in this area. I think Hampton closed an entire school. Im sure VA Beach retirements were encouraged to cut costs since state school funding is being cut here. Not a good place to be a teacher.

Sorry for the delay in answering but I took a week off to settle my blood pressure, theres only so much despair one can handle from the lord of misery.

From what I saw on the news article it did look like most everyone that was shown was in their 60's but like vurbano and damjr said are also happening. That being said the area is still doing ok job wise but foreclosures are not letting up so it could be a win for a house hunter given the cost of rentals around here. The biggest thing job wise that the area is waiting on right now is the wind farm industry to be cleared to start work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts