Are you experiencing the Pause Bug on the L365 software?

Are you experiencing the "pause" bug in the L3.65 software on the vip622?

• Yes

Votes: 59 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • I had it in L3.63 but not in L365

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I am experiencing a different unrelated bug

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
OTA bug since 3.65

Bug that I've experienced since 3.65 s/w update.

Since the VIP622 software update 3.65 took place Thursday night 2 things
have happened. 1 The audio problems seem to have stopped (that's the good
news). 2 The signal strengths for all my OTA ATSC digital channels have
dropped about 10 points (this is the bad news). It has caused me to
completely loose the local 28-1 over the air SD digital TV
signal. It will it will sometimes lock on to the signal but often it will
not. My old Panasonic TU-HDS20 tuner will still lock onto the signal all
the time. This has made it so I can no longer DVR the digital signal from
KAMC TV in Lubbock , TX . In fact because of this all I got for my records
(there were 3) was a jumbled mess that was completely unwatchable. I have
checked all of the OTA channels and all show the weakening in signal
strength.

Here is the reply that E* sent me about the problems w/365.

Thank you for your e-mail. Our engineering department is aware of this issue; it has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working to resolve it as soon as possible. It will be resolved with a software update in the near future. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We hope we have properly addressed your concerns. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link: http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/index.shtml.

Thanks,

Matt J.

Technical E-mail Support

Dish Network

I agree it has to be fixed; my statement was mostly just that it was minor in the sense that my 622 is still functioning, and not rebooting at will. That was REALLY bad. And at least the rewind button serves as a workaround.

You are correct of course! :) Compared to rebooting it is minor. However this bug has a large "Wife-Acceptance-Factor" problem that even the periodic reboots didn't have for me. She has asked me about this bug more than any other ever. Wants to know if I have read anything here about Dish having fixed this problem. It is effecting how she views dish, and for an expensive discretionary product, that is not a good thing.

Jolard said:
You are correct of course! :) Compared to rebooting it is minor. However this bug has a large "Wife-Acceptance-Factor" problem that even the periodic reboots didn't have for me. She has asked me about this bug more than any other ever. Wants to know if I have read anything here about Dish having fixed this problem. It is effecting how she views dish, and for an expensive discretionary product, that is not a good thing.

The wife acceptance factor is NOT MINOR. I fully agree. You have to keep her happy, or you don't get to keep your dish for long. :D

I emailed and received a response from Executive Communications at DISH.

It is as follows:

Thank you for your response. I'm glad that the original issue seems to
be fixed. I also hope that a new version of software fixes other bugs
for the DVR pause feature. I will let our technical ops guys know and we
will see what happens.

Not quite as positive as the response I got to the 3.63 problems, but all I can do is wait, and hope that 3.66 doesn't screw up anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)