Are you from the south?

I was about to say. We claim the panhandle region, but once you get south of that, its a different culture.

Of course, some of our awesomeness spills over, which is why they have good football from time to time.
Exactly, Florida has 3 portions to it.

North Florida = South-South Georgia/Alabama
Central Florida = Yankee Retirement Home
South Florida = Northern Cuba

The Southern Sweet Tea Line is between Central & South Florida. My uncle retired to Naples, and still complains about there being no Sweet Tea.

Derwin0 said:
Exactly, Florida has 3 portions to it.

North Florida = South-South Georgia/Alabama
Central Florida = Yankee Retirement Home
South Florida = Northern Cuba

The Southern Sweet Tea Line is between Central & South Florida. My uncle retired to Naples, and still complains about there being no Sweet Tea.

Not anymore....more like South America than northern Cuba. You really need to get around more, due to the influx of South American "talent"... the "view" is the best in all of North America. ;-)

Not anymore....more like South America than northern Cuba. You really need to get around more, due to the influx of South American "talent"... the "view" is the best in all of North America. ;-)
Lived in Tampa for about 7 years as a kid, so I do get around

But yes, South Florida has gained more Latin diversity. And yes, the view can be nice. ;)

msmith198025 said:
Curious, how so? It isnt like what people think when they think "the south". Whether that is good or bad is a matter of opinion. :D

Florida is just not a place to retire....and perception is just that.....perception.

Ahh, ok I was focusing on a different part of the post. Fair enough.

It is popular for retirement though. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

msmith198025 said:
Ahh, ok I was focusing on a different part of the post. Fair enough.

It is popular for retirement though. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Of course, for weather and lack of state taxes. But Florida does not consist of retirees and Canadian "snow birds".

But Florida does not consist of retirees and Canadian "snow birds".
I know that there is more to Florida than just retirees and winter snow birds.

scarface_movie-10732.jpg

Of course, for weather and lack of state taxes. But Florida does not consist of retirees and Canadian "snow birds".

Around the beaches, like many coastal towns, there are alot. The majority? No. But a lot. Florida simply has more coastal towns. The reputation for retirement (and snow birds) is deserved there, and nothing I'd be "upset" about.

I get calls or emails from friends asking about moving to Florida. I tell them if they want to retire here then move to The Villages. But younger people won't find good paying jobs here for the most part. . Some seem to think Theme Parks pay good money. They don't . It's hot almost 6 months out of the year. You can't go outside for 2 minutes without being drenching wet with sweat. The food sucks compared to other parts of the country. I miss the seasons. I miss many things from New England. I know when I retire it won't be Florida. It will be back in New England.

I get calls or emails from friends asking about moving to Florida. I tell them if they want to retire here then move to The Villages. But younger people won't find good paying jobs here for the most part. . Some seem to think Theme Parks pay good money. They don't . It's hot almost 6 months out of the year. You can't go outside for 2 minutes without being drenching wet with sweat. The food sucks compared to other parts of the country. I miss the seasons. I miss many things from New England. I know when I retire it won't be Florida. It will be back in New England.

Wow...you must barely venture into the street. The Villages is all you know? OF COURSE it's hot...it's Florida. The best paying jobs are in the banking and medical industry and the food it great! I can get South American, Caribbean, Italian, Middle Eastern, Asian within a quick 20 minute ride. Again, this goes back to exploring what is out there and making the best of what you have now.

I lived in much colder and snowier places than New England for 17 of my 46 years and I had my fill of the winter and shoveling snow and putting on coats and boots. While all my northern friends are warming up the car from the house in February, I am warming up my golf swing or the bbq.:D

I LOVED Chicago, but I love Florida even more.

I have never understood people that move down here for whatever reason, lock themselves in the house without a sense of adventure...then stating the place sucks.

To each his own I guess.

I love the pacific northwest and the Vancouver area but I can't see living anywhere else than northeast Oklahoma. We normally have 4 nice distinct seasons , which I love, and not the 40 days of triple digits we have had this summer and only 4 days less than 90 since June 1. We normally don't have 5ft of snow in a 2 week period in the winter like we did last winter. My biggest problem moving to the south would be the sec, sec, sec :D:devil:

Wow...you must barely venture into the street. The Villages is all you know? OF COURSE it's hot...it's Florida. The best paying jobs are in the banking and medical industry and the food it great! I can get South American, Caribbean, Italian, Middle Eastern, Asian within a quick 20 minute ride. Again, this goes back to exploring what is out there and making the best of what you have now.

I lived in much colder and snowier places than New England for 17 of my 46 years and I had my fill of the winter and shoveling snow and putting on coats and boots. While all my northern friends are warming up the car from the house in February, I am warming up my golf swing or the bbq.:D

I LOVED Chicago, but I love Florida even more.

I have never understood people that move down here for whatever reason, lock themselves in the house without a sense of adventure...then stating the place sucks.

To each his own I guess.

That's the problem, I'm an outdoors person. I hate the heat. While the people up North suffer in the Winter while we do outdoor activities, we suffer in the summer while they enjoy the outdoors. I love my job but I hate Florida. Many who work with me do as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)