The next 2 universities being looked at for taking gifts/money: The U and Alabama!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Looks like the NCAA is starting their crackdown on all the major names. Now, according to Sports by Brooks, Alabama players are being followed closely by the NCAA in regards to boosters giving gifts of cash and clothing:

SPORTSbyBROOKS » Bama Star: Another Outing With Ousted Booster

AND my beloved U, in a story on CBSSports(but originally found on the website, "InsideTheU", where Nevin Shapiro, who contributed $150,000 to the UM athletic program, pled guilty in June for running a $930 million Ponzi scheme and was given a 20-year sentence. He stated in April 2010 that he plans on writing a “tell-all book” about his involvement with former UM players.

His involvement with UM dates back to 2001 during the Larry Coker and Randy Shannon-coached teams.

"Larry Coker was blissfully ignorant (to Shapiro) and Randy Shannon hated that guy and didn't want anything to do with him," one source said.

NCAA to Question UM

WOW....

Looks like the NCAA is starting their crackdown on all the major names. Now, according to Sports by Brooks, Alabama players are being followed closely by the NCAA in regards to boosters giving gifts of cash and clothing:

SPORTSbyBROOKS » Bama Star: Another Outing With Ousted Booster

AND my beloved U, in a story on CBSSports(but originally found on the website, "InsideTheU", where Nevin Shapiro, who contributed $150,000 to the UM athletic program, pled guilty in June for running a $930 million Ponzi scheme and was given a 20-year sentence. He stated in April 2010 that he plans on writing a “tell-all book” about his involvement with former UM players.

His involvement with UM dates back to 2001 during the Larry Coker and Randy Shannon-coached teams.

"Larry Coker was blissfully ignorant (to Shapiro) and Randy Shannon hated that guy and didn't want anything to do with him," one source said.

NCAA to Question UM

WOW....

Being followed closely ?

Isn't that STALKING ? !

They can't come to your school looking for something that MIGHT happen, it has to be things that they have found ALREADY happened !

Being followed closely ?

Isn't that STALKING ? !

They can't come to your school looking for something that MIGHT happen, it has to be things that they have found ALREADY happened !

In the case of The U, there has not been any paper trail...YET. In the case of Alabama, you got a lot of pics and even some advertisement for the clothier, which is strictly prohibited. From what I heard today, Miami has started their own investigation into the matter. Many think that since he went down in the ponsi scheme, he want to take everyone with him.

No school now surprises me. I think they all have violations of some kind or another.

Lol!! Funny how your tune has shifted now that The U is involved! LMAO!!!

My tune has ALWAYS been the same about coaches keeping track of players...NOT about coaches lying there asses off. Just look back at the history for my post. AND I brought up that the U was being investigated....NOT anyone else. At no point have you seen any post of my stating that they didn't do anything wrong.

My tune has ALWAYS been the same about coaches keeping track of players...NOT about coaches lying there asses off. Just look back at the history for my post. AND I brought up that the U was being investigated....NOT anyone else. At no point have you seen any post of my stating that they didn't do anything wrong.

I never defended my program either. I am in agreement with you though that a coach taking heat for not being able to keep track of what every single kid is damn near impossible though.

Statement released by The U today:

"When Nevin Shapiro made his allegations nearly a year ago, he and his attorneys refused to provide any facts to the University of Miami. The University notified the NCAA Enforcement officials of these allegations. We are fully cooperating with the NCAA and are conducting a joint investigation. The University of Miami takes these matters very seriously."

CaneSport.com - Golden addresses NCAA inquiry

What I find odd is that nobody is accusing any university, or their athletic boosters, of giving these student athletes the gift of an education. Hmmm...

Checklist:
___ Car
___ Cash
___ Beerin'
___ Bikin'
___ Babes
___ Tats
N/A Quality Education

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)