Are you going to disconnect now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I know that some of us do not feel very good about the discount that new voomers are getting. Here's my question are you going to disconnect your VOOM system now even though you still have until 2/29/04 to claim your money back!!!

Waiting for 1 Feb & reassessing. That is THE date, despite historical revisionism....

Will cancel by 2/3, no matter what they do or what channel line up is, just want to see if they will stand by their word on one thing.

dcbag,

I have read your comment here and other boards and will give you the same response I gave Tim regarding addition of channels. If you are an E* or D* subscriber you know what I am talking about. If you are a cable subscriber, you know as well what I am talking about:

I agree with you but let me remind you that when it comes to adding programming neither E* or D* have very good tracking records. Take a look at E*, they have been adding Bravo-HD+ since last summer. I have read so many times that they already have a contract yet, no Bravo-HD+. Look what happened with ESPN-HD, it took them quite a while to add it. Roughly about 6 months after it launched.

Same thing I can say about D*, it took them 2 years to add Discovery-HD and another two years to add Sho-HD. Even after ESPN-HD launched it took D* a month to two months to add it. How long did it take E* to launch HDnet? I do not want to count the months.

As of today, E* is limbo regarding HD. Charlie Ergen pretends that all the HD channels available today are the ones he offers. He has not add Starz-HD or TMC-HD and who knows when we are going to see those in E*.

I can say the same about D*. Their latest programming addition has been CBS-HD which E* for a long time and this is limited to only 30% of the subscribers. Fox-EDTV also will be added with the same restrictions. Some people will care about these two local channels but in my situation I don't since I watch them via OTA.

I have learned that when it comes to adding programming nothing is set in stone and there will be changes. I will say to you and all others to at least wait until 2/29/04. That's all I have in plan to give V*. If for some reason the channel line up does not shows up by 2/29/04, V* will have to do another extension.

Right now, it is not costing us anything to stay until 2/29/04 since the money back guaranteed is in placed. This is just my opinion Tim and you know I do not work for VOOM or have any special bias.

I agree & understand what you are saying, but just in the first week of having Direct HD I have watched more HD than in more than 2 months of Voom HD. In my opinion less HD & better content from D is better that more HD from V and less content. I will cancel V regardless, don't like receiver, menues or anything about it. Still sticking to my own 2/3/04 deadline. Thanks for your input.

I have a question. Does the money back guarentee start after the free period of 2/04? :confused:

APone said:
I have a question. Does the money back guarentee start after the free period of 2/04? :confused:

Money back guaranteed ends in 3/31/04. Free programming ends 2/29/04.

Apone, forgot to tell you the 3/31/04 money guarantee only applies if you got your Voom System activated before 1/31/04. See Here for official announcement.

Not very happy with Voom anymore. I miss so many channels not available on Voom yet. If we get ESPN, HBO and Cinemax then I'll be happier.

Sean Mota said:
Apone, forgot to tell you the 3/31/04 money guarantee only applies if you got your Voom System activated before 1/31/04. See Here for official announcement.
Thanks Sean. I'm covered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)