Are you happy with your 811 now???

So far - yes. It has not locked up on me since the new software. I wish there was a way to get the program info tied to the OTA locals. My wife gets confused and is driving me crazy. :D

Not yet, my main gripe is the Dark Picture issue. I have a 510 that I can look into the future with, so getting that fixed was a minor problem for me.

Absolutely not, this update did not fix the major problem on the 811, I am unable to recieve the 148 satellite. I am missing CBS-HD and about 50% of my local channels, I know swapping my dp34 switch with a legacy one will fix it but this is a bandaid fix.

The dark picture fix according to the tech chat is not due to the end of March, which with current timing is April 2 - :)

Iceman said:
Are you happy with your 811 now with the 264 software patch?

Thanks for the poll Ice. You are a breath of fresh, reasonable, and logical air when it comes to feelings regarding the 811 and Dish quality in general. (Especially in that other kissass forum. They need to wipe Charlie's butt marks off their lips, before posting.)

[SARCASM]Yea I feel at home here where everyone hates E*. I cant believe E* has a single subscriber. They are so horrible. Charlie is a rich greedy maggot. If only they were like D* I could sleep easier and the worlds problems would be insignificant. If only they were like every other company in the world that never makes mistakes.

Im going to go and beat my wife now for leaving a crumb from her toast this morning on the counter. I will not settle for such mistakes. [/SARCASM]

marathon_1 said:
Absolutely not, this update did not fix the major problem on the 811, I am unable to recieve the 148 satellite. I am missing CBS-HD and about 50% of my local channels, I know swapping my dp34 switch with a legacy one will fix it but this is a bandaid fix.

Quick question: Have you requested to be subscribed to the CBS-HD channel?

I have had East/West nets a long time. When I got my 811, my CBS-HD East channel is on 61.5. I put the dish up, and found that I couldn't get it. Called Dish and they subscribed me to it. No charge for it. Wonder why it's not automatic?

bsic said:
[SARCASM]Yea I feel at home here where everyone hates E*. I cant believe E* has a single subscriber. They are so horrible. Charlie is a rich greedy maggot. If only they were like D* I could sleep easier and the worlds problems would be insignificant. If only they were like every other company in the world that never makes mistakes.

Im going to go and beat my wife now for leaving a crumb from her toast this morning on the counter. I will not settle for such mistakes. [/SARCASM]

Thanks for making my point about logic and reason. Pershiate it.

GaryPen said:
Thanks for making my point about logic and reason. Pershiate it.
What does pershiate mean? I cannot find it in my dictionary. Also, what is a breath of reasonable air? Or a breath of logical air?

This is not a complete sentence, by the way:
Especially in that other kissass forum.

Also, you have an extra comma in your sentence below:
They need to wipe Charlie's butt marks off their lips, before posting.

For those of you that dont know what the heck this is about, they guy ran out of "logical air" in a discussion and resorted to child-like punctuation comments to fuel his argument:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=24499

Sorry for the distraction. Back to topic.

GaryPen, I believe everyone was disappointed with their 811 purchase when they first got it. Now that it does what they hoped it'd do, they're happy. I think it's pretty understandable. Sure the 811, should've included everything at first, but better late than never.

AppliedAggression said:
GaryPen, I believe everyone was disappointed with their 811 purchase when they first got it. Now that it does what they hoped it'd do, they're happy. I think it's pretty understandable. Sure the 811, should've included everything at first, but better late than never.

I don't think everyone was disappointed with the 811 when they first got it. I for one was not. I had a 6000 for about 8 months and in my configuration I thought for the most part it was a step forward. I did a poll the other day before the 264 release and most people where content awaiting the update so I would expect some people to be generally happy with the 811.

"Kinda" in this poll sounds like the person is not too happy with the update but it does help things.. I am in the boat of happy with the update but not completely satisfied..

This poll is actually missing the option of happy but looking forward to improvement so I feel this data is skewed a bit. I am sure some people are happy with the update but not completely satisfied. This is a little different than the selection that currently is getting the votes. My guess is that most people are in the catagory of this is a good first step and hopefully things will improve even more with the next step.

My measuring stick is how things are progressing. Am I better off than I was with the 6000. Short answer is yes... Yes, I do want to see more improvement but I am satisfied with the progress 264 showed.

I am happy with mine now. Of course I was ok with it before since it was essentially free. I am using a DVI cable to my Sony Widescreen and I did not have a dark SD picture before so that was not an issue. The guide being snappy and working correctly is a major improvement and if the "check switch" fiasco is gone I am VERY happy.

I had never had a HD tuner before I got the 811, so I was pretty happy from the start. I had two problems at first, but turned out they were both my fault -- I had lots of the 49% problem with my locals until I re-aligned my OTA antenna (then everything was over 90%); and I had no 5.1 sound at first, but I needed to change a setting on my audio receiver, then that was fine. Now I am just waiting for the fix of the dark picture on S-video output, since I use S-video for most of my SD (my Toshiba has better stretch modes than those in the 811).

AppliedAggression said:

That's pretty true. But "Better on time than late". :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts