Are you Happy you got the 922 ?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Just wondering I like my new 922 but it has a few quirks. Still looks like my favorite will be the 722.

While I dont have the 922, I like the Guide layout and search features, hopefully one day they will have a software update for the other recievers or some new recievers will have the layout of the 922 minus sling?? I have a 722K and a slingbox myself

I am very unhappy the Sling feature does not work and the Help feature is a blank screen.

What worse is Dish so far has refused to exchange the unit for one thats works.

Is the Sling brand a piece of junk?

I am very unhappy the Sling feature does not work and the Help feature is a blank screen.

What worse is Dish so far has refused to exchange the unit for one thats works.

Is the Sling brand a piece of junk?

I know your frustrated, but take a lesson from your avatar. :)

I can honestly say that so far I am happy with mine, everything seems to be working as the release notes had told us. I am watching the unit very close, I have only recorded two programs, many more to fire as the week goes on.

Take the advice given and let the receiver sit over night. I have Sling working on my PC, Laptop, and iPhone. Mine was installed this morning and I'm letting it sit until tomorrow before I mess with it any more.

Another unhappy camper here.
Issue 1 formatting issues for guide to fit screen
Issue 2 I am having sluggish issue with the sling link 25/25 Fios connection
Also don't like you can't make receiver dark at night that stupid blue turbo light stays lit 24/7 to bright for my liking

After playing with this receiver all weekend thinking of sending it back and sticking with my faitful :)

I am loving mine.

I wish I could have more guide options like how many hours it shows or the size of the screen but i have moved it around till it works well.

I have some sling issues but non that have stopped me from seeing my 922.

I am loving mine so far. The interface is great and I was able to sling the Masters to the deck this afternoon. The first few timers have fired with no issues and even watched the first one we recorded.

The only issue I am having is that I have an EHD full of items taken off of my 722 that I am afraid to move to the 922 for fear of corruption.

Having to use the dish website for remote viewing is a minor annoyance because I can't make use of my high-speed local network. Until I upgrade my bandwidth I can only stream SD. I was hoping to get HD streaming around the house without having to use the fiber. The WAF for the month has been taxed with a new Vizio LED LCD and the 922. I will have to build up more good will before hitting her with a higher bill for bandwidth. :D

Having to use the dish website for remote viewing is a minor annoyance because I can't make use of my high-speed local network. Until I upgrade my bandwidth I can only stream SD. I was hoping to get HD streaming around the house without having to use the fiber. The WAF for the month has been taxed with a new Vizio LED LCD and the 922. I will have to build up more good will before hitting her with a higher bill for bandwidth. :D

If you are within your network, you are able to stream in HD, even through Dish's website. On the top right of the player near the statistics you can choose between SD and HD.

loving mine, I was able to watch the laker game in HD in the computer lab on campus through sling. The second I saw the picture quality I knew I made the right decision to get the 922

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)