Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Since Wednesday of last week many people have been unable to enjoy their Slingbox's and for others they have been unable to access their DVR's and Slingbox units via DISH Remote Access.

There has been quite a lot of discussion of the problem at the Official Sling Forums, (but it now seems they have more staff working deleting and editing posts there then they do working to fix the problem. (That's sad.)

For record here is is the thread at the Sling forums. Slingbox Answers Forum: Having trouble logging into your Sling...

So my question to you is are you having issues accessing your Slingboxes and or DISH Remote Access? Please let us know what kind of issues you are having.

Thanks!

Scott,
You just got hammered big time in their forum...
Re: Having trouble logging into your Sling Account? Your statement is misleading and false. Please note that we are committed to finding and fixing the problem for good.We have all of our best people working around the clock.

Additionally, this post is in violation of the House Rules and Terms and Conditions of this forum:

Sling Media Support - Sling Media Answers Forum Use Terms and Conditions

Please see section 2.6 where it advises:

1. No advertising. Do not use the Answers Forum to sell or market your products to others and do not post a URL unless it directly answers a user’s question. If any portion of your Submission, including, without limitation, any posted URL, results in any accrual of compensation or benefit to you, you must note this in your post by stating, “I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.” Without limitation, the following are some examples of uses that would violate this policy:
    1. A Submission created solely to advertise a book, service, software or some other item for sale.
    2. Any reference, including, without limitation, a link, to a commercial item that is not directly related to a relevant technical support question or answer. For example: “This post created by Super Post Creator.”
    3. You may sign your Submissions with information about yourself. However, this should not include a link to a website.

Please feel free to repost your reply using the above guidelines.

Yup just got that in an email...

Your statement is misleading and false. Please note that we are committed to finding and fixing the problem for good. We have all of our best people working around the clock.

Only reason I want people to post whats happening here is because they are deleting posts over there.

Stop deleting posts and get to work fixing the problem.

They finally admited an issue late today via Twitter but all they said is they "are working on it." I have been having issues like you mentioned since last week getting logged into my account to view my Slingboxes. I am not a huge fan of the new answers fourm, it seems more people get shot down then they actually help. I miss the old Sling!!!

If they spent as much time fixing the issue as they are devoting deleting posts on their forum, they might have the problem fixed by now.

I have 6 Slingboxes and just want them to work. In fact in some cases I depend on my Slingboxes.

If they spent as much time fixing the issue as they are devoting deleting posts on their forum, they might have the problem fixed by now.
I agree. If people knew how much Sling Media monitors other siites like this they would post their info elsewhere so it is not censored.
Like my comment here.
Sling Media Censoring | General Sling Box Discussions | Forums | Place Shifting Enthusiasts
-------
This is just getting ridiculous. I see a post on Sling Media's "Answer" site from Scott G who wants to help people that are having issues connecting to their Slingbox or their Dish ViP922 and before it even goes out the moderators at Sling Media reply and then delete it.
Here is what they did. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/223414-you-having-…..ost2290514
As Scott said "Only reason I want people to post whats happening here is because they are deleting posts over there."
I agree completely.
If you are having a problem connecting or want to discuss the issue without being censored then you should post your comments here or on the satellite guys site.
You won't be censored and you will get more attention by doing this that just replying or complaining on their heavily moderated site.

As of this morning I can load DISH Remote Access Login in a web browser.
The windows app will work in SD only of course. I sure wish they would just add 922 support to that.
Tried the sling player mobile app and I gget the "could not connect to the sling accounts server".

Curious
Using Firefox the page loads for between 7-10 minutes but ends up completely blank.
Maybe there's nothing on tonite worth watching:p

My slingbox does not connect (just asks for my password over and over), and while I can get to remote access, I can't manage my DVR, I can only set satellite-based timers.

Thought I might have been having problems on my end. Be nice if they added a note to dish.sling.com and watch.sling.com.

Scott, your post was refreshingly honest--thanks. Yesterday I thought I had lost it when I tried to get to the other forum and finally saw my previous posts archived and "the new forum". I told my husband I can't see user dialogues and feel I am in China where free speech is being controlled, but this forum still allows free speech, for now...

For the last couple of days I haven't had to do a 922 reset of dhcp and seem to be getting "green lights" more often with remote access than with sling player, without having to keep swiching between the two apps to get the green lights--and this is good.

Off thread 1: I've watched 3 full movies since install July 16--none Ota--1 was fine and two stopped recording about 15 min. from the end. My husband was totally ticked and questioning my judgement re selecting the 922. Should I expect this to be resolved soon or should I double schedule movies I think my husband will watch?

Off thread 2: ok, so Dish lost 19,000 subscribers--understandable in this economy. So where do you think big daddy D got it's 100,000 new subscribers-- where average invoice is about $58--assuming 19,000 defected to big daddy, assuming some came from cable, where did the rest come from--section 8 housing residents, or creative counting?

I have just received the following statement from the Sling Media Team...

Hello Everyone -

As most of you know, last week we completed an important data center migration. This was publicly announced on our website and was planned to ensure our capacity for long-term growth and stability.

After the migration, we quickly began to receive your feedback and discovered that our Watch on Slingbox.com and Sling Accounts portals had unusual errors when some users tried to log in.

This has been a horrible inconvenience and source of frustration for everyone affected, and we are committed to fixing the problem. We've made a lot of headway, but some of you are still having problems.

We are focusing on this problem around the clock with all our resources until we get this problem resolved.

We'll post more information here as soon as we have it.

Kind Regards
The Sling Media Team

I was finally able to login over there and I posted that my Slingbox has been out since Wednesday, along with other friends abroad. I gave them the details they were asking for and how I had called last week to report the problem but was told I had to pay their tech support $30. My post was deleted. Good luck pissing your customers off Sling. I'll never buy another Sling product again.

It is not sling pissing off customers it is echostar Corp which now runs the show at sling. Most of the founders at sling are long gone. Charlie new motto who cars about customer service.

This situation merits my favorite acronym. The Sling data center migration is FUBARed! There. I even promoted it to a verb.

Comment 1: I'm surprised Sling didn't roll back to the old servers until they figure this one out.

Comment 2a: My Hava Platinum continues running fine. ;)

Comment 2b: Monsoon has had their own share of server snafus. Shortly after I bought my Platinum, their P2P servers went down permanently. They brought some new ones online, but nobody could access their Havas remotely until we got home and hit the factory reset button and reconfigured them from scratch. :(

I am able to get into my slingbox finally as well. Last time I was able to login was on Sunday. Maybe they finally fixed the issue??? I can finally login to sling.com as well. Keep my fingers crossed....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts