Are you Ready for Directv's new HD Channels in September?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Are you ready for Directv's new HD Channels launching in September?

• Yes. I have a 5 LNB dish, B-Band Converters, and MPEG4 receiver (H20, HR20)

Votes: 664 81.9%
  • I plan on upgrading my Dish and/or Receiver in the next month or two

Votes: 66 8.1%
  • I am keeping my existing HD equipment and no plans to upgrade

Votes: 25 3.1%
  • I might upgrade next year

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Do not subscribe to HD and/or no plans

Votes: 30 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've had mixed results on my tests. Sometimes they search and other times comes with the splash screen so I ordered spares a few weeks back. No arrival yet.

You might want to try again, I order them on Tuesday this week and they're here now.

Call or online? I ordered online so that might be the delay. Request could be going to a black hole. :eek:

I had better luck calling, originally did the online thing and it said they would be out in 6-8 weeks, which at the time would be October.
I called and got some in 3-4 days.

Jimbo

Even thought all my MPEG4 STB's passed the ch 499 test and BBC's were all installed, I decided to order one from D* just as a spare. Today 8 BBC's show up, guess they just want to make sure that I'm covered.

rad - maybe you can get Brew's address and send him 2 of your extras :D

Dish rocks. Aug 15th, new HD channels for sure. No unkept promises. Feel sorry for all the D customers kepping their hope up. Switch to E* now and enjoy HD.

I will stick with D as my contract is not up till March of '08...

You enjoy your current 35-40 HD channels and we will enjoy or 50 to 70 HD channels beginning Sept. 15th :)

I'm Ready

I'm ready..I have the adapter and the new LNB5 dish now installed...(Bastards tried to charge me for that dish too)

Anyone know if there are more PPV HD channels as part of the roll out?

I'm ready..I have the adapter and the new LNB5 dish now installed...(Bastards tried to charge me for that dish too)

Anyone know if there are more PPV HD channels as part of the roll out?

No more details but HD PPV is hinging on the Video On Demand that is expected to be out soon. Supposedly Directv is going to a mix of VOD over internet and some pushed down over sat. They mentioned the bigger and more popular titles could be over sat. No details but I expect we see a definite increase of HD PPV. But then, anything will blow away its current offering. I feel like there is a storm on the horizon and you can feel the anticipation but no rain yet. :hungry:

Honestly, I've waited so long for this that I'm used to not having these channels. I couldn't care less at this point. I don't even think I'll be watching these channels much. It's like I gained a whole new appreciation for the Amish culture.

Honestly, I've waited so long for this that I'm used to not having these channels. I couldn't care less at this point. I don't even think I'll be watching these channels much. It's like I gained a whole new appreciation for the Amish culture.

Hard working, trusting, support each other, whats not to like about the Amish? :)

Man, reading this thread it looks like my SD DirecTivo picked the right time to die and force me to upgrade. (I went with the DVR, I'm too used to rewinding while I'm watching something to go back now.)

2 HR20s and the HR10-250 has been relegated to the SD TV for use as a SD DVR.

I was a D* customer for 9 years before enjoying E* HD service for the past 11 months. Luckily I didn't have to pay for the equipment or sign a contract, so if D* adds more HD and NHLCI channels, I can just hop on back. Hopefully D* is smart enough to offer an almost free if not fully free deal for HD, like E* did.

I'm not one of those fanatical subs that are attached to a certain brand. I do care about quality though and since a friend has the same TV as I do but with D* HD service, I can honestly say that E* PQ is superior. I'm hoping that D* PQ gets better with the new birds.

So, the only option for me on this poll right now is "maybe next year", unless D* gets it all rolling before the start of NHL season, then it could be "maybe late this year". Of course I could always go back to E* next year. I just love choices. It's too bad NFL and MLB fans don't have choices and have to deal with a monopoly though. I hope that never happens to the NHL or MLS.

HA, good question. There are a bunch of reasons.

1. My Samsung receiver is currently hooked up to a Sony 43" 4:3 HD Ready TV. So, I'm not dying for cutting edge HD technology. That being said, it still provides a good vehicle for HD and I'd certainly like to get as many HD channels as possible.

2. One of the early MPEG4 adoption reasons was for HD locals. Well, I can pull in 95% of my local HD (and digital) channels with an off-air antenna (far more then D* provides currently). So there was no reason (and still is no reason) for me to upgrade when those became available.

3. Somebody on here has a signature that reads "when the wife is happy everybody is happy" or something like that. Definitely applies in my home.

So, there really hasn't been a pressing need for me to push this. I just figured they would come to me eventually.

Just wanted to pass along that I have taken the leap and upgraded.

After a couple weeks of haggling, setting up installs, getting the dish and an H20...haggling some more and now also getting an HR20 I'm all set.

BTW, got the new Slimline, an HR20 and an H20 plus 1-year free DVR service (I know it's included in the new packages but I'm still a Total Choice Plus subscriber so it'd be 5.99 per month for me) for $120. If you subtract the free DVR service as if it were a credit then it works out to about $50 total cost for me. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Ok I am still on the fence and have back on cable after vOom died.. what is the better one "E" or "D".. I think I may be able to ween off cable again soon.. with the NFL I do not watch many if any games.... Thanks for the help.
P.S.
I do not know how to make a new thread, any help would be helpful...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts