Are you Ready for Directv's new HD Channels in September?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Are you ready for Directv's new HD Channels launching in September?

• Yes. I have a 5 LNB dish, B-Band Converters, and MPEG4 receiver (H20, HR20)

Votes: 664 81.9%
  • I plan on upgrading my Dish and/or Receiver in the next month or two

Votes: 66 8.1%
  • I am keeping my existing HD equipment and no plans to upgrade

Votes: 25 3.1%
  • I might upgrade next year

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Do not subscribe to HD and/or no plans

Votes: 30 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
New Here, just thought id throw my input in as well. I am switching from dish network to direct this weekend. Mostly because of the NFL Sunday ticket and Big Ten network, but also because my dishnetwork bill has reached over $90 because I have HD and no phone in my home.

I called to make sure today i would have the right equip for my tv to get all the hd channels. I was assured it's all good. I then asked when the new channels would be up.

I was told today, thurs, that they would not be on until the end of sept early oct. I hope this was an oversight just so people don't get disappointed. But if you are all expecting them to be on the 15th, don't be upset if it's not right then.

Damn You people been saying that for the last two years directv this , directv that
dish network has More HD then directv

Directv is just showing some of the same channels

I'm sooooooo reaaaaady dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been ready for a long time. I hope they're not kidding this time, and with the bird up and almost ready, I'm sure they're not.

"Kidding this time?" The plan ALL ALONG (from the VERY beginning) was end of 2007; you guys should stop exaggerating and trying to twist the facts. Their mistake is telling the world too far in advance what their goal was and when. They should have stayed quiet until 6mos out or so.

"Kidding this time?" The plan ALL ALONG (from the VERY beginning) was end of 2007; you guys should stop exaggerating and trying to twist the facts. Their mistake is telling the world too far in advance what their goal was and when. They should have stayed quiet until 6mos out or so.

I disagree. If it wasn't for the announcement, many of todays HD channels wouldn't exist AND D* would have lost a lot of subs a long time ago, especially when VoOm crumbled and E* decided to buy some of there assets from the Dolans!;) The real problem was they got too sidetracked with trying to figure out how to provide Broadband internet and Mr. TurdBirds Internet projects like Myspace (Yes it was successful but HD suffered at great cost)!

Oh Smthkd, do not get me wrong, I totally agree with YOU, but the advanced notice does bring out all the incorrect "quack comments" about delays, broken promises, too slow, WAH WAH! I love the notices, but guess I should have said it better, all the baseless whining should lead to them being more tight-lipped, which is their usual MO.

I see! Yeah, the whinning is getting very rediculous! We are only a few days away from the greatest HD experience ever and people are acting like they aren't going to turn the thing on! I wish they be patient and wait!

I wonder how much posting traffic will drop on these forums after they do turn the damn thing on......Don't get me wrong, I am as excited as anybody!

Why can't Directv just say when or where it will be why?

Because in this type of biz MANY, MANY things can go wrong up to the absolute last minute, some not even in their control. Too forward info can come back to bite you (in the eyes of stock performance), although not usually warranted.

Just got upgraded last Saturday. Had to have a replacement H20 sent, as the HDMI output was no good on the first box. Funny thing is that the first box was brand new from factory and second was a refurb, but the refurb seems to work just fine. Now if they can just get my *@$#%@&* bill straight. Anybody know how to read the "activity since last statement" on the online account system? Looks like they added and deleted my receiver about 12 times.

From Swanni's column late tonight:

Rumor #1DIRECTV's new HD satellite is having serious operational issues and the satcaster could be forced to delay its high-def expansion until 2008.

The Truth: There's nothing to suggest there's any truth to this. In fact, DIRECTV has been testing the satellite and it should be good to go sooner than later.

I suspect the rumors are being spread by subscribers to other cable and satellite services and other mischief makers. And because DIRECTV has yet to begin launching the new HD channels, it's easy for them to play their games. But don't buy it.

I've been thinking about this. Everyone wants to know but not a hint other than "By the end of the Year" Maybe that is the truth as of now. They could be having transponder problems. Can anyone prove differently? Why Sept 19th? Has Directv actually said Sept 19th?

from DirecTV FAQ:

Q: When will the new HD channels be launched?

A: DIRECTV will begin launching our new HD programming lineup in September and continue to add new HD channels through the end of 2007. We will announce channels as they become available. Check DIRECTV.com/hd for updated information.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts