Are you using a Laptop or Desktop Computer? Do you think the desktop pc is dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer using a desktop for many things, but it sure is a lot more comfortable surfing and editing documents while sitting on the Lay-Z-Boy.

I find myself using the ipad for browsing in the TV room and theater these days. It is easier to pick it up and use, plus it also has the TWC and TIVO apps. They kind of tie it all together for me.

I have used desktops a few times that I acquired cheap or free since I started using laptops in between laptop purchases but had bad luck with a few of them. They are easier and cheaper to repair but bulky and I didn't want to put the money into an older desktop when I can put a little more into a newer laptop that I can take with me different places.

Desktop will not dead, and I most use desktop with bigger monitor, when you get older, laptop seem not in my favor as I need bigger screen to see words. And when watching movie over the net, desktop is king.

Just bought the wife a 6-core 8GB HP desktop for $400 (refurb'd) because her PowerPC Mac Mini was too damn slow and impossible to upgrade further. Try getting that kind of power in a laptop! Plenty of room for upgrades now.

What an awesome desktop you just got and for a great price. You can't find a laptop with that kind of power for that kind of price.

Just bought the wife a 6-core 8GB HP desktop for $400 (refurb'd) because her PowerPC Mac Mini was too damn slow and impossible to upgrade further. Try getting that kind of power in a laptop! Plenty of room for upgrades now.

I HERE YA!! I built my own custom x6 / 8GB machine for less than $750 brand new. Tons of room to grown fast and stable as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)