Arena Football is Dead

I don't get it either anders.

While not taking any delight in seeing people lose Jobs and incomes, as a sports fan only

Good riddance.

If I were Czar of the Professional Sports Universe for a day.

MLB
NFL
NBA
NHL
Tennis
Golf
Boxing

Would be the only sports sanctioned in North America.

All others could disappear.

Not meant to start an argument or dump on anybody's favorite niche sport, Just an observation.

Last edited:
I liked the Arena League.

I'll miss it dearly.

(BTW, for those that say there is too much scoring, I don't want to see games where there are scores in single digits. I don't like games like the 3-0 Sun Bowl or the Auburn/Mississippi State 3-2 dud. There is such a thing as too much defense.)

I liked the Arena League.

I'll miss it dearly.

(BTW, for those that say there is too much scoring, I don't want to see games where there are scores in single digits. I don't like games like the 3-0 Sun Bowl or the Auburn/Mississippi State 3-2 dud. There is such a thing as too much defense.)
But nobody cared about the teams and no one knew who the players were. Had anyone heard of Kurt Warner BEFORE he became a star in the NFL? The Arena League just seemed like a sport built around a promotion. It was like take all the stuff fans like at NBA games, loud music, cheerleader/dance sqaud, people firing T-shirts into the stands and create a new sport. The high scoring just gave promoters an excuse to set off fireworks and fire more T-shirts into the crowd. If I want to see sports I'll watch a real sport and if I want entertainment I'll go to a concert.

Figures. Arena Football was the closest sport Cleveland had to a Championship! The Cleveland Gladiators, owned by local fan favorite, Bernie Kosar were in the Championship last year!

damn right....doubleheaders both Friday and Saturday :)
next week much better.....single games Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday :)

Go Riders :D

Arena "football". I just never considered this football. It was a vaguely football-like event. It seemed to serve no purpose. I never got the "arena" part of it. There used to be something called "indoor soccer". Now that made sense, as much as I dislike soccer myself, to take a sport that should only be played in warm weather and make an winter version of it. Same if somebody came up with an indoor version of baseball or golf. But since football is played outdoors in all weather, what was the point.

CFL USA. This was a valid effort at a minor league in the US, and I am sorry that it failed. I hope the CFL tries again someday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)