arkansas tornado

From the look of the town, they may be having some outages in everything there. i am 60 miles from there and have not been down to look at it, but i got an email with a link to some pictures. quite a lot of devastation. i believe power was restored fairly quickly to the town, not sure about phone, cable, etc. , but i would believe that a lot of repoints would be needed if not whole dish replacements.

i was watching the news last night and they ran a story about a man that lived in russellville, which is about 100 miles away as the crow flies, that found some old checks with an address from mena. i just hope the town can survive from it. god bless all in mena, ar.

My aunt is from Hatfield ,Arkansas , about 10 miles from Mena, and she did okay. Unfortunately the rest of Mena did not fare so well. The park that took a hit in 93 from a toranado , was hit again and most of the trees were taken down again. Many homes were crushed under trees, along with cars too. The pictures that my aunt sent me today reminded me of the devastation we went through last September here in the Beaumont/Pt.Arthur ,Tx areas. Many similarities in destruction except without the flooding. The tornado generated a 136 miles per hour winds. The hurricane here was a category two or between 96 -110 mph. They actually took a bigger hit in some areas than we did. Mena and Hatfield are our towns to evacuate to every year during hurricane season when one is headed our way. The citizens are always very nice and friendly and make you feel at home. They even gave my dogs at the kennel a price discount for their stay during Hurricane Rita in 2005. I feel for the people because the area is already suffering from a recession and now a disaster too.

Dish Drops HD Enabling Fee

ALL AMERICAN DIRECT CHANNELS & MOVING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)