Artifacts in 625 video

dennisinsc

SatelliteGuys Family
May 2, 2007
Upstate SC
Recently, last three weeks, our 625 has been displaying random artifacts and sporadic blanks in the audio But not at the same time.

Is this related to signal degradation or receiver related? Signal strength generally runs in the 55 to 75 range depending on sat and transponder. We're in upstate SC.

Any ideas or or others with the same experience?

dave2609

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 6, 2007
thurman
Have talked to dish tech support and this is a common issue with the 625 and new software, appartently some (not all) are being effected.

dreddick

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 27, 2003
NW Ohio
What version is your software? Mine was just rolled back from L464 to the previous version (L463) so there must have been problems. I too had seen problems that past few weeks with short freezing during live TV. I also had the video and audio completely black out several times in the past few weeks (still had the guide and menus, just no video or audio). I had to do a hard reset each time that happened. I will be interested to see if this happens again now that the software was rolled back.

dennisinsc

SatelliteGuys Family
May 2, 2007
Upstate SC
Mines 463 as well. Hadn't noticed the roll back. Haven't noticed the problem today. It will probably show up during a critical play in the Braves game tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts