As of today still no Direct TV!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
Doesn't look like I will be signing up with D*!

I placed my order on Feb. 3rd, and the equipment did'nt even arrive till the 9th, and when I called the sales rep about this he said gurantee'd delivery of equipment by the 9th and install by the 10th.

Installer calls me the 9th to confirm I had received the eqipment and I told him I had and ask him what time he would be coming by on the 10th and that is when he informed me the earliest he could do it was Sunday the 12th...I really starting to get pissed by then, and told him fine to just do it Sunday.

It is now Sunday and going on 4 pm and still no call and no show..Im pissed because I took the last 4 days off of vacation time to get this taken care of and there is no way I can schedule install during the week due to the hours I work.

I will be calling the company that sold me the D* in the morning and telling them to send UPS right back out to pick the package right back up and back to them and demanding my money back!!

Sounds like another install company issue, not DirecTV, just be a bit more patient, its only TV.. Heres hoping your not anywhere where the blizzard is or was. I also hope you didn't call a no-name 3rd party company selling DirecTV, did you check them through the BBB? Did you use ValueElecronics.com (sponsor) or call DirecTV directly?

Last edited:
That was my mistake...I didn't call Direct TV..I called a company found in the phone book called Direct Digital which sells D*

I should have just went into Best Buy orlike you said signed up online at Direct's websight.

the tech was already booked , so?

it happens at the HSP companies (directv) also.

cant you have someone else meet them there, or did you want to try to run the show?

BTW IF he came on sunday, id be shocked!

Stalker, look in the phone book again and call someone that is local... you know.. in your town. I'm guessing Direct Digital is sticking you for a nice little "shipping & handling" fee? Or did they call it "a one time" processing fee. Most people do'nt realize that the processing fee and shipping fees are just add ons compared to staying local.

dragon002 said:
wobbie,

i just found out yesterday that p-10 and dsi arent charging s/h anymore. i was shocked.

How did you find out that P10 and DSI are not charging shipping? We do not charge shipping to SatelliteGuys member who are activating new service. However, my company pays shipping from both distributors.

-Robert

Stalker said:
That was my mistake...I didn't call Direct TV..I called a company found in the phone book called Direct Digital which sells D*

I should have just went into Best Buy orlike you said signed up online at Direct's websight.

I used to do installs for them. I got tired of their worthless sales people selling more recievers than the customer had TV's available, and everybody wanted their equipment installed as soon as it arrived. I would call the customers the night I recieved the work order, and leave them my cell number. Then I would get idiots calling me to track their package. I mean, really. If I had tracking numbers on those packages, I wouldn't call until AFTER the products were delivered.

I refuse to install any recievers that will not have a TV hooked up to them. I still get this from Marketing Guru and dish. I'm starting to wonder if MG and DD are the same company, LOL!

Then there was the time I drove over an hour to a customer's house, opened the box with the equipment in it and WTF?!??!?! It was the wrong equipment. Customer ordered from company A who did their free installations via rebate. Customer changed mind, ordered from DD. Both packages arrived same day, customer refused wrong one. Installer wasted a trip. Naturally, the customer didn't understand why I would not install the equipment that they had (I would have, but they didn't want to pay me and get their rebate from the dealer).

Oh, and then there are the times when MG and DD both screw up the work order by listing and/or shipping the WRONG equipment.

I bought 2 satellite systems while "working for" DD, and neither came from DD. My first was some company out of Fla. My second was from Circuit City (I actually got rebates from CC that covered the total cost, and another from D* that was bonus cash!).

Anyway, I'm an installer, and there is no way in hell I'd order a satellite out of a phone book or from a flyer. No Freaking way!

Then there are the ones that advertise a free DVD player or some other kibble. I've had customer's get annoyed at me for not bringing it to them. D* and E* should have some sort of minimum standards for their retailers salespeople. Honesty would be a nice start.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts