As to new HD

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
Look, Spring is here, with summer coming soon.

How many of us actually watch a lot of tv this time of year?.

I would suspect, a lot less then in the winter.

For me, at least, I set up my outside gazebo, run my mirrored line, and watch baseball ( "Brewers), under natures finest.

The big system in the living room, gets little use until the leaves start to fall.

So in this scenario, does it really matter if it takes a few more months till the HD lights up?

Like most of our parents used to say.....

"Get outside and play".

Here in Texas, due to my pasty Irish skin, much of the summer is best spent indoors. Ain't nuttin nice to me about 100+ degree, no rain for 3 months kind of weather.

I've mowed my lawn 8 times already this year, and we've been having fantastic weather since October (with the exception of about 3 weeks of cold weather). So I, for one, am lookin forward to some inside downtime.:D

I get almost two straight months off - from the middle of June until middle of August. Me, my wife, and kids spend the entire summer laying around the pool all day, everyday, and watching DVD's every night. I've thought about putting my reciever on inactive for two months in the summer, but we do watch some stuff - particularly "Burn Notice" on USA.

Look, Spring is here, with summer coming soon.

How many of us actually watch a lot of tv this time of year?.

I would suspect, a lot less then in the winter.

For me, at least, I set up my outside gazebo, run my mirrored line, and watch baseball ( "Brewers), under natures finest.

The big system in the living room, gets little use until the leaves start to fall.

So in this scenario, does it really matter if it takes a few more months till the HD lights up?

Like most of our parents used to say.....

"Get outside and play".

Good series right now between brew crew and the cards :D

Yes, I do watch less TV this time of year. But, my DVR is still set to record some shows. I watch them on a rainy day and catch up when the summer is over. So yes, we need new HD now not "soon".

I have a cable/power running out to my pool and will sometimes connect a TV out there (SD only at this point) if there's a game I want to watch. Otherwise, yes, I watch a whole lot less for the next 5 months or so...

What is Winter Spring Summer Fall in the San Francisco Bay Area we have one weather all year long and it is always 60 degrees outside.

Then why is San Francisco Bay Area the 8th largest TV Market????

You are right. but this year many programs are showing episodes now that in other years would have been showna month or mora ago.

Still I should be outside I know that.

It's the opposite for us folks down in the south. Being in New Orleans, the summer is too darn hot to be anywhere near outside or you will suffer heat stroke. We are outdooors all year long anyways, so we don't freak out and want/need to be outside like you yankees do :).

So as long as the A/C is working, we will be watching alot of tv.

Around here folks will be outside until the first dead bird tests positive for West Nile Virus, then everybody will be back indoors. Maybe by then we can watch Stargate SG-1 marathons and Mansquito movies stretched out on SciFiHD since it barely shows HD content anyway. BTW, I don't know what the season has to do with E* dragging its feet on adding new (and some already uplinked) HD channels.

It's the opposite for us folks down in the south. Being in New Orleans, the summer is too darn hot to be anywhere near outside or you will suffer heat stroke. We are outdoors all year long anyways, so we don't freak out and want/need to be outside like you Yankees do :).

So as long as the A/C is working, we will be watching alot of tv.

I lived in the south for 10 years. I admit the humidity is a killer.

However, we vacation in summer for 2 weeks in Scottsdale, average temperature about 110 dry degrees. ( Hopefully will reside their one day.)

We never go inside. Just bask in sun the and swim in the pool.

Last edited:
About three summers ago, the dish went out of alignment in late April...never bothered to have it retuned until just before football started. So, no big deal if not much lights up. It's not like we "need" HDTV...we need food and shelter, so it's something that's nice to have, but not needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)