Asked a million times

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

badhat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Moses Lake, WA
I know this is like beating dead dog... and I have seen the answer before but I can't find it again. So anyhow I had to work today installing cable and took a DirecTV dish down per customer request. So finally I have one because I am too lazy to go take my sisters dish down. My question is.... it's a Phase III dish with the solid all in one 3 lnb setup. Can I use any of those lnb's for 119w or can I only use one or none?

The only one that will work is the (designed) 101 LNB which if you are standing in front of the dish holding it (LNB's facing you) is the LEFT one

The middle one is useless and the 119 LNB is only for transponders 22-32...the 101 has TP's 1-32

Attachments

• 4cec_1_b.JPG
    4cec_1_b.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 149
I know this is like beating dead dog... and I have seen the answer before but I can't find it again. So anyhow I had to work today installing cable and took a DirecTV dish down per customer request. So finally I have one because I am too lazy to go take my sisters dish down. My question is.... it's a Phase III dish with the solid all in one 3 lnb setup. Can I use any of those lnb's for 119w or can I only use one or none?

The 101° LNB passes all the transponders. It is on the right when looking from the back of the dish. You can calculate 119/127/137 on Satellite look-angle calculator and point the dish roughly, then find 119° on the 101° LNB.

You can also just point it normally for DirecTV 101/110/119 and enable 22Khz on the receiver. The Phase III combines 110° + 119° transponders, but conveniently the NASA transponder is passed correctly. So you can use a DirecTV receiver to point the dish, then manually scan 12370 (with 22Khz on) and you should get NASA.

Ok awesome. I am going to set it up tomorrow morning and hopefully have NASA tuned in by noon.... provided the rain stops here. Thanks for the great information guys!

Ok rain finally stopped and I have some time. Thanks for the picture Iceberg but I do have one more quick question. There are 4 different connection points under the LNB cover... which port do I plug in to? While waiting for the answer I am going to plug in to the one nearest the LNB I need to use and see what happens. Maybe I will answer my own question. :D

Last edited:
Yeah Anole I figured as much. I mounted the dish to a temporary pole and using my G18 dish as a guide swung the little dish over just a little ways more and bam 97% strength... strange right. So I am power scanning right now and of course forgot to set fta only so I will have to sift through a bajillion locked channels to see what I am on. hehe

If you barely moved off of 123 you probably are on 119

but as anole pointed out, all 4 outputs work the same

Yeah Iceberg I mounted the pizza dish on a temporary pole (aka- tether ball pole.. my kids will love that.) and got 110w first... had to nudge it over a bit and caught 119w next. The next challenge was figuring out the switch I installed. But I think I've got it.. scanned in NASA now rescanning G18 like I do religiously anyways. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)