Asked for a free OTA adapter, got $5 off my bill

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tintedpandas

Original poster
Sep 23, 2020
Cocoa, FL
I'm a recent Dish subscriber, about 2 weeks now. When I signed up I didn't know about the dispute with Apollo and that I wouldn't receive the local ABC affiliate out of Orlando. I've been reading about the OTA adapter and, although I knew it'd be a long shot, I figured I'd ask if they'd send me one for free.

This is the response I got:
"This is not the experience that we want you to have with the service. On behalf of the company I sincerely apologize for this matter. Apollo Global Management has chosen to remove their channels during these unprecedented times. We have offered to apply our current agreement — with higher rates — to keep their channels available and avoid any service interruption while we continue to negotiate, but they refused. Apollo is demanding 40% increases to rates agreed to last year for these channels We don't think this is fair for you to have to pay more for the same content you get today and that is why we are fighting hard to keep your TV bill as low as possible and are working with Apollo on reaching a fair agreement to restore their channels. With regards to OTA, I am afraid that we do not have an option to provide OTA. We know that this is not the fix that you want for your service, but allow us to give you a $5 credit for the meantime."

Not what I was looking for, but I supposed it wasn't a waste of time. Just wanted to share my experience here if anyone finds themselves in the same situation.

I'm a recent Dish subscriber, about 2 weeks now. When I signed up I didn't know about the dispute with Apollo and that I wouldn't receive the local ABC affiliate out of Orlando. I've been reading about the OTA adapter and, although I knew it'd be a long shot, I figured I'd ask if they'd send me one for free.

"This is not the experience that we want you to have with the service. On behalf of the company I sincerely apologize for this matter. Apollo Global Management has chosen to remove their channels during these unprecedented times. We have offered to apply our current agreement — with higher rates — to keep their channels available and avoid any service interruption while we continue to negotiate, but they refused. Apollo is demanding 40% increases to rates agreed to last year for these channels We don't think this is fair for you to have to pay more for the same content you get today and that is why we are fighting hard to keep your TV bill as low as possible and are working with Apollo on reaching a fair agreement to restore their channels. With regards to OTA, I am afraid that we do not have an option to provide OTA. We know that this is not the fix that you want for your service, but allow us to give you a $5 credit for the meantime."

Not what I was looking for, but I supposed it wasn't a waste of time. Just wanted to share my experience here if anyone finds themselves in the same situation.
Didn't do your homework on the local channels.:(

Five dollar credit. They are charging you $12.00 a month for locals. Call them back ask not too be billed until channels are available.

Several years ago I lost my Fox local at the start of football season and they offered to come install an antenna. They did, and I went through it all with them, I keep the antenna if I cancel. It actually works well, and you get signals slightly faster than via satellite. No PTAT, but dang it comes in crystal clear.

If I had to hazard a guess, this may be a reason why you didn't get the free OTA. I'll bet that customer tenure is part of the equation.....

While my OTA was not free, I di wed have Dish install a OTA for 99.00. I am more than happy that I had this done. My ABC local was taken off because of a dispute with Mission. With the OTA, I still get my ABC local.

I swallowed my pride and paid 99.00 to have Dish install an OTA. Before the Pandemic Dish and Mission had a dispute, resulting in a nationwide loss of local channels. They settled the dispute at height of the Virus, but they are at it again. my ABC local is off again. With the OTA, I still have it, and I would pay for the OTA again, if that would mean keeping my locals and staying with Dish.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts