Aspect ratio for TV2

destrada

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Lockhart, TX
My parents have a 57" Hitachi HDTV in their living room with a 622. Output for TV2 is to a 32" Toshiba widescreen HDTV. Fooling around on it the other day, I noticed that if I had it on single mode and shared view, the aspect ratio for TV2 was the same as if it was TV1, just not in HD as it's run with a coax.

Going to dual mode, you get normal or letterbox. With a widescreen TV on TV2 you have to change the aspect ratio with the TV remote to get the right aspect ratio. Frustrating to have to use 2 remotes to get the picture right.

Any chance there's a setting that I don't know about on the 622 to let it know that TV2 is a widescreen TV and not a 4:3 set?

No. In dual move ratio to TV2 is 4:3. If you like distortion, zoom.

I have a 17" Sony widescreen, HD-ready TV, connect to the TV2 coax output. Whether I have the 622 in dual or single mode, setting the TV to "full" gives me a widescreen picture. If I have the TV on "normal" all channels are "squished" whether they are HD or SD. I don't have to make any changes with the 622's remote.

Dish needs to wake up and provide an ATSC output for TV2 so the second TV can receive HD as if it was an OTA signal....problem solved!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts