Assuming Dish/MLB will be blacking out tonight's Dodger game on ESPN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

4d3fect

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
central Cali
Will find out in about an hour, unless someone already knows who would like to chime in...?

edit--that is , blacked out for us central californians who live a mere 4 1/2 hr drive from the stadium......

Last edited:
Just wanted to use the zip on the dishfinder page. But you can do that yourself. Usually if it's blacked out on one channel, it's because it's available on a local or RSN or ALT channel. I tried sacramento, fresno and bakersfield, all show not blacked out on ESPN.

The general rule is if you can get the Dodgers on your RSN channel then you will be blacked out otherwise you should be getting the game.

Well, i'll be dipped, must be one of those that Fox doesn't have so they can't black it out

-right then, carry on/

I'm getting the blackout warning crawl over the top of the broadcast, which isn't listed on my RSN (prime ticket aka fox) so I think that must mean tonight's game is being carried on KCAL (LA channel 9) which we can't get here.

btw not a great fan of espn commentary/coverage over fox--they both suck. Prefer to hear Vin if I can, while he's still around...

I'm getting the blackout warning crawl over the top of the broadcast, which isn't listed on my RSN (prime ticket aka fox) so I think that must mean tonight's game is being carried on KCAL (LA channel 9) which we can't get here.

Yep, must be it (I used zip 95815):

Tue9/410:00 PMSan Diego Padres at Los Angeles DodgersXESPN140-AT120
Tue9/410:00 PMSan Diego Padres at Los Angeles DodgersXKCAL9-AT120

I find it strange that Dodger games on KCAL in LA are not broadcast in other nearby markets that also have Prime Ticket as their RSN.

The thing is, it's impossible for us to receive KCAL--we'd have to PAY EXTRA just to receive it. Or construct some sort of otherworldly antenna that would attract the attention of aliens from another dimension.

Oh well, one more reason to cut the cord.

The problem is that MLB games on ESPN/MLB are for out of out market viewers and you are not out out of market. If the game is still going after 10p you will be able to watch the ending.

and dish chat is just parroting a script, no surprises there, we still live on a farm as far as they're concerned.

I have to ask. What did you expect Dish to do? I also don't get the threat of cutting the chord, because MLB won't show the game in your area?

My area in Ct. is split between Red Sox, Mets, and Yankee coverage when it's on a local channel like Fox. If the Ct. channel decides to carry the Yankee game, we don't get the Red Sox game anywhere, (unless you can get a Mass. Fox channel OTA) and of course the other way if the Fox channel carries the Red Sox game. But I don't blame Dish or call them. And at one time a local channel would carry some of the games several times a year. If they carried the Yankees, again no Red Sox even if ESPN was carrying it. It happens, MLB is stupid to do it like that, but I'm not seeing how Dish comes into play, or cutting the chord helps.

Last edited:
I have to ask. What did you expect Dish to do? I also don't get the threat of cutting the chord, because MLB won't show the game in your area?

It happens, MLB is stupid to do it like that, but I'm not seeing how Dish comes into play, or cutting the chord helps.

Cutting the cord helps my bottom line. Not getting value for dollar, that's all.

Not a threat, nobody to threaten in this situation. See post 8, 11, and 12.

Lol, I didn't mean an actual threat to a person, it's the often now used threat someone is going to drop all paid TV services. I confess I'm just not getting cutting the chord because a game or a few games are not shown, you will see virtually no games. A fact that I was astonished my former neighbor did not figure out before dropping Direct TV because he said it cost too much. He was literally all set to watch the Bruins hockey game, and realized he had no way to do so.

This is why I'm glad I live where I do. The only time it could have been questionable in my lifetime was when Hartford had an NHL Franchise. But we had NESN for the Bruins and the old Sports Channel for the Whalers. Baseball just sucks for people on the OPs predicament.

Yes, and Baseball should wake up and find a way for this not to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts