AT&T Also Raising DSL Prices In 2010

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
AT&T Also Raising DSL Prices In 2010 - Luckily for you, they're only going to be 'modest' - dslreports.com

The other day we noted that AT&T was getting ready to raise prices on U-Verse broadband, TV and VoIP customers (see the fine print on this U-Verse pricing page). Judging from some leaked AT&T talking points posted to our forums, AT&T is getting ready to hit regular DSL customers with some price hikes as well.

According to the leaked memo, AT&T says they're making some "modest price adjustments" to both U-Verse and DSL pricing soon, and that users should be notified by mail of the changes. AT&T is currently offering "DSL Xtreme 6.0" (6 Mbps), "DSL Xtreme" (3 Mbps) and "DSL Ultra" (1.5 Mbps) tiers -- for the same price. Users who sign up now are given any one of the tiers for $24.95 for twelve months, after which the pricing reverts to $42.95, $37.95, or $32.95, respectively. Keep in mind of course that AT&T continues to test low caps and high per gig overages in two markets and may (or may not) expand those ambitions in 2010 as well.

Update: AT&T reached out to us to note that there will be a few price reuctions on their higher end U-Verse tiers, and they'll be eliminating their slowest U-verse tier:
On the U-verse High Speed Internet side, there are some changes for new customers, starting with decreasing the price of our higher-speed packages - Max (up to 12 Mbps) and Max Plus (up to 18 Mbps) - by $10 a month across all of our 22-states. The Express (up to 1.5 Mbps) service will no longer be offered to new U-verse customers as of Feb. 21.
AT&T tells us the changes "reflect the greater demand and interest we're seeing for higher bandwidth packages among our U-verse customers."

So much for my campus upgrading their U-Verse speed anytime in the near future. Better get used to 700kbps max downstream (used to have over 1 mbps with Cable, and that's BYTES, not Bits)

Clear

Sweet, I'll take the $10 decrease on my 18Mbps!

Is Clear available in your area of Roswell? I just got it and am getting ~5MB for a lower price than DeathStar Service's DSL Extreme. Just a thought. You probably enjoy your 18 Mbps though! ;-) Take care!

No clue if Clear is here or not, but I doubt it. Either way I'm not going backwards from the 18M. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)