AT&T - DISH talks getting hot.

It's pretty much off the table. Little to no chance of a merger in the next few years.

Around here Cingular (which I would imagine, allot bigger company and profits than Dish) is now called AT&T. So why wouldn't it be AT&T Sat Network? If the sale goes through, think installers would have AT&T's strength with union, etc? I would hope so. Dish management is nothing but bullies with agendas.

Totally correct on the iPhone. AT&T has that thing locked up for the next 5 years. I've got all my services bundled right now, (phone, internet, cellular, Sat). Have had no problems what so ever, and am saving over 100 from what was once Comcastic around here. With the aquisition of the SlingBox, imagine the possibilities of 1 box connected to the Sat and the internet at the same time and be able to watch it from anywhere you have internet connectivity or cellular connectivity. DVR episodes of you favorite shows available from anywhere. This truly could change the way the average consumer views any type of media here in the near future...

I wonder what Alexander Graham Bell would think!

Attachments

• alexanderbell1.gif
    alexanderbell1.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 112
It just seems weird. Remember AT&T Broadband? They got out of the multi-channel TV business, now they want back in? Of course, a lot has changed with AT&T since then.

It just seems weird. Remember AT&T Broadband? They got out of the multi-channel TV business, now they want back in? Of course, a lot has changed with AT&T since then.
They're already back in...U Verse.

**If ATT will let me keep EXACTLY what I have now, and get a discount, since I already have LandLine and DSL with them, great.

I don't want the U-Verse/HZ stuff.

LER

**If ATT will let me keep EXACTLY what I have now, and get a discount, since I already have LandLine and DSL with them, great.

I don't want the U-Verse/HZ stuff.

LER

As of today, you don't have to get Uverse or Home Zone. I have Dish Network with ATT and it's the same thing as having Dish Network but with a discount.

Sometimes you don't get the latest deals or receivers but if ATT buys Dish Network that will change for sure.

Remember AT&T is just a name now. Corp Management is the old Southwestern Bell folks. I wonder if a purchaser will be able to go back into the Distant Network business.

That was the OLD AT&T. The new AT&T is actually SBC just using the AT&T name... They bought AT&T a while back and kept the AT&T name because it's a globally known brand...

Now when you say old AT&T do you mean AT&T? The old AT&T used to be the parent of SWBT/AMERITECH/Bellsouth/SNET/PACBELL and I will tell you the folks that were working together PRE 84 are working together now. In my opinion when AT&T broke up in 84 the best of the Management went to the bells. Now with the puzzle almost back together the old BSPs are starting to fruit again. Expect the old AT&T network reliability and customer service in the very near future. Uppermanagement is finally forcing the issue with the local force and are determined to WIN....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)