AT&T Mailer - Bundles Promote DirecTV But Photo Shows DISH Network Customer!

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
I found this rather funny. Got an AT&T brochure in the mail advertising/promoting their bundles of Internet, Home Phone, Mobile Phone, and Digital TV. As most everyone here knows, DirecTV is the AT&T partner. Browsing through the nice 12-page color catalog I stop at pages 6-7 (facing pages) where the DirecTV package is described. Page 6 shows a couple sitting in the floor against their sofa with their remote aimed at the camera or their imaginary TV. The remote is tilted enough that I can tell it's a silver DISH Network remote, with blue menu/browsing buttons and black buttons below that. It's the remote that I used with my old 625 DVR and it can be used with many other receivers except maybe the 722 and 722k. Marketing folks need to be careful about grabbing generic pictures to be used in advertising.

Eric

AT&T's partner was formerly Dish network. It's probably AT&T's own photo, just never updated. No one outside of you guys would ever notice the difference.

The remote is tilted enough that I can tell it's a silver DISH Network remote, with blue menu/browsing buttons and black buttons below that. It's the remote that I used with my old 625 DVR...
Well... It is called a "universal" remote. ;)

I remember an update training we had at dish when i worked there had a picture of a person using a directv remote in the powerpoint presentation.

I saw a commercial once where someone was reviewing a plumber or something but she said he was sitting around ordering shows on "cable" instead of working. They showed the guy and he had a DISH Network remote :D .

This reminds me of a time when we were at Wendy's and the teenager behind the counter was recalling what we had ordered by looking at the receipt.. She was trying to decipher the abbreviations, got this really confused look, pauses, and asks, "What did you order? A Big Mac?" ....Uh, wrong restaurant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts