AT&T Whistleblower Fights Telco Immunity

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Wired AT&T Whilstleblower Interview - 'I want it exposed and stopped....' - dslreports.com

Wired offers an interview with 22-year former AT&T employee Mark Klein, who blew the whistle on the phone provider's involvement with the NSA's warrantless wiretapping program. "They have embedded spying into the infrastructure of the Internet," he says. "I'm not sure people are fully conscious of what is going on, and I want it exposed and stopped." When asked what Klein would like to see next, he says he wants to see the monitoring room in AT&T's San Francisco building gutted first hand. "I will not be satisfied with assurances from the government that this program is stopped or being overseen by a court."

Klein's redacted documents are here (pdf). A video interview between Klein and ABC's Nightline is here.

Mark Klein, a 22-year former AT&T employee, ignited a firestorm when the tech blew the whistle on AT&T's use of monitoring rooms that gave Uncle Sam unbridled access to all user data across multiple carriers -- sans any kind of judicial oversight. According to the EFF, Klein will be speaking on Wednesday in Washington to urge that lawmakers refuse giving the phone companies retroactive immunity for such abuses.

"My job required me to enable the physical connections between AT&T customers' Internet communications and the NSA's illegal, wholesale copying machine for domestic emails, Internet phone conversations, web surfing and all other Internet traffic. I have first-hand knowledge of the clandestine collaboration between one giant telecommunications company, AT&T, and the National Security Agency to facilitate the most comprehensive illegal domestic spying program in history," said Klein.

Klein's full statement is available here. Telcos have spent million on lobbying the last few months in order to gain immunity from all surveillance cases against them, including the EFF and Klein's

Anybody that uses microsoft technology for business or home use can be hacked within 15 minutes by certain government entities. Why?? because microsoft provided the information necessary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts