AT&T Wireless Customers with DIRECTV or U-Verse can stream Data-Free

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I guess I'm out of luck. I don't have an HR44, just a lowly HR34. Sucks.

I'm not sure why they say you can't use the Cell phone hot spot with a tablet ...
I was playing around at the lake last week and it worked fine.

Also don't know why they won't allow ipads/tablets on the unlimited plan.
Makes no sense.

I'm not sure that's entirely true Jimbo...I added my LG G Pad 7.0 when I thought it would count as my 4th line free until I discovered it has to actually be a smartphone to qualify. I can't justify the $40/mth charge for a tablet I use sparingly when we travel so I switched it back to the 1gb/mth for $10 data connect plan it was previously assigned. So, it would seem as though you can actually have a tablet on the unlimited plan...at least in the limited time they allowed me to switch. Interesting note on the hotspot for DirecTV service though...might have to give that a shot for the Note 10.1 someday.

Anyone else try to stream MNF last night? I tried to stream it with the Directv app on my iPhone away from home. And although it showed in the Live TV list, when I tried to actually play it, it gave a popup message that said I could only watch it on a tablet, computer, or internet connected tv. (Not helpful as my phone is the only one with AT&T Wireless and therefore free streaming data.)

I actually (sort of) found a workaround for it. I started recording it on my DVR and then played it from there. That worked until I stopped streaming at half time. When I went back, it required me to start from the beginning on the recording and didn't allow fast forward. So I guess that would have worked as long as I didn't stop.

Is there maybe some special rule were MNF is excluded?

Verizon Wireless has the exclusive rights to stream nationally televised games ( Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night) games on cell phones through a contract with the NFL. That's why you couldn't do it on your phone, but would have been able to stream on a tablet or computer.

Reactions: StealthMonkey
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)