At the end of 2 year price lock?

I use EHDs. After reading about those kinds of problems, nada.

And OH NO! No red recording in progress LED!
Well, so sorry about the red lite. Don't think it is coming back, but I got use to it. I wouldn't worry about the EHDs. My two old 500G WDs are working good with the Hopper 3s. I just wish DISH someday would add the capability to sync a recording to all Joeys. I would do away with my RF modulators if they added that.

As the end of this two year price protection fast approaches I was wondering about others experience.

Do they just automatically go back to full retail?
Do they offer another two year lock?
Is it negotiable?

Been looking at PS Vue for the last few days and am actually in my 5 day free trial period. Other than a funky guide it’s pic quality is good with no lagging .

I’m paying $88.99 all in plus taxes right now for the Top 200, locals, dvr, 2 joeys. That will go up to a minimum of $108.99 plus taxes at the end of my two year agreement unless they give somewhere!

PS Vuewould cost me $54.99 plus taxes for the Elite package which to me is pretty close to the Top 200 after you pull all of the advertising, music and pay movie channels out of it.

Granted the guide is a total learning experience on PS Vue but this looks like a no brained to me. I would purchase some type of DVR for my locals that I receive OTA but that is a minimal cost when looking at the total savings potential. I have several Fire Sticks already so no outlay there.

What am I missing? Thanks
What is the length of your tenure with Dish?
Believe me, it matters.

Vue is great for me, love paying $44.99 a month with no box, locals or sports fees.

The only thing you have to be careful with if you have a data cap, any savings by leaving Dish would be offset by paying for unlimited/extra data.

I do not have a Data Cap and good thing since I average about 1.5 TB a month, if you do have a cap it might be better for you to try and get a better deal from Dish instead.
Data caps are coming. I suspect ISP's will begin to change the way they bill. Going over to the way cell phone data is billed. Everyone gets the same speed. The data you use, the more you pay.
I think that is fair for everyone.
My reasoning is this. If I own a high mileage car and someone else owns a pickup truck, why should we both pay the same amount for gas.
My tank ( amount of data used) is smaller than the pickup truck ( more data used) . We should not have to spend the same amount to fill our respective tanks. The way ISP's bill now..

Data caps are coming. I suspect ISP's will begin to change the way they bill. Going over to the way cell phone data is billed. Everyone gets the same speed. The data you use, the more you pay.
I think that is fair for everyone.
My reasoning is this. If I own a high mileage car and someone else owns a pickup truck, why should we both pay the same amount for gas.
My tank ( amount of data used) is smaller than the pickup truck ( more data used) . We should not have to spend the same amount to fill our respective tanks. The way ISP's bill now..

That is certainly the way the ISPs see it, even if that isn't the way they actually manage their networks. That said, in places where there is competition, I expect there will always be those who are willing to offer unlimited plans. I have a 1TB cap with AT&T on my 50/50Mbps Fiber plan. If I wanted unlimited, I could upgrade to their Gigabit plan. Of course, I could also get unlimited from Frontier on their 48/4Mbps plan or Spectrum on their 100/10 and 300/20 plans. I generally use less than 200GB per month, so I am not too concerned for now. Should my usage go up, I will definitely consider my options.

Just like with mobile data, if there is competition, unlimited will be in play for those who want it. Unfortunately, for most of the country, there is really only one good option for Internet, which means data caps are probably going to become more common, unless you get their top tier plan or also sub to TV and/or Phone.

You can try what I did.

I have Comcast for internet. I told them flat out that the bottom line is that I am out of contract and I can save $x a month if I do a double or triple play. DISH matches it or gives me something close I will stay, otherwise I will go. I said, look, I am a consumer. I have a good track record at DISH, and your choice. They gave me $35 off for 1 year. We'll see at the end of this deal what I choose to do.

I do prefer DISH. But I can say this - my bill with Comcast for stand alone internet is starting to tick up. At some point I am going to have to make the move. DISH is really at a disadvantage here. DISH was rumored to be in talks with Amazon and some of the mobile providers for some kind of bundling. DISH is going to eventually widdle away if it cannot find a tie in with someone or anyone.

You can try what I did.

I have Comcast for internet. I told them flat out that the bottom line is that I am out of contract and I can save $x a month if I do a double or triple play. DISH matches it or gives me something close I will stay, otherwise I will go. I said, look, I am a consumer. I have a good track record at DISH, and your choice. They gave me $35 off for 1 year. We'll see at the end of this deal what I choose to do.

I do prefer DISH. But I can say this - my bill with Comcast for stand alone internet is starting to tick up. At some point I am going to have to make the move. DISH is really at a disadvantage here. DISH was rumored to be in talks with Amazon and some of the mobile providers for some kind of bundling. DISH is going to eventually widdle away if it cannot find a tie in with someone or anyone.

Indeed: $75/Month Broadband-Only Pricing Arrives in Comcast Country; Company Raising Rates Again ·

Reactions: Tampa8
I liked Vue until it became unreliable looping one of my favorite channels for over 24 hours twice in less than month. They seemed very amateurish both times over weekends with no tech support. This changed my mind and opinion so went with H3 and love it.

One of the overlooked issues with streaming PSVUE is stereo sound only when I have a nice surround sound system with around 4k invested.

I'll weigh my options when I come to end of discounted pricelock.
Currently Dish is about the same even with $10 DVR fee with prefered customer price lock. Only have 1 DVR on account in service.
Plus I have all premium channels for $20 for 6 months. However after about a week the shows are mainly garbage thinking about dumping earily.

Flex Pack $29.99 once Bowl Season is over Monday to stop supporting ESPN
America's Top 120 $49.99 my current package through Bowl season

Reactions: pattykay
Finally just decided to pull the trigger now instead of waiting to contract end. While I will have to pay the early termination fee, the monthly savings more than make up for it

Tried PS Vue and just couldn’t deal with their guide. Finally settled on Sling TV. Got the Orange/Blue with cloud DVR, Lifestyle and Sports packages. Went with a Tablo 4 tuner DVR for my locals. Was looking hard at a TiVo but the high monthly fees and cost involved in adding a mini extender just didn’t make sense. With Tablo I’ve got a whole home system for my locals and guide data for a $5 monthly or $150 lifetime service fee. With the Tablo app I can watch TV anywhere. Bought a SideClick attachment for my Fire TV Stick to use with voice activation with the new set up. Everything can be controlled through the Fire TV Stick using the Sling and Tablo apps. May not be a good alternative for most people but it works for me. Will more than likely come back to DISH at some point in time since they consider me a customer since 2006.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)