AT9 install question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
So a friend of mine called to have D* turned back on and to have his service upgraded to the HR20. He already had the 3LNB dish up on his roof working great when it was used. It's on the back side house pointing towards the front of the house up and over the roof peak. The house faces south and the whole backyard is trees so he has two options, either on the roof in the same spot as the 3LNB or on a pole in the front yard.

He does not want it in the front yard.

So y question is, is there that much elevtion difference from the 3LNB to the AT9? I have the AT9 myself and it is mounted in the same spot as the old 3LNB that I had. The AT9 does not appear to me to be at any different angle than the 3LNB.

To me it sounds like a lazy installer that did not want to climb up on the roof or just didn't have the ladder to get up there but still wanted the job.

thoughts?

The 3LNB dish looks at 101, 110 and 119.
The AT9 Looks at 99, 101, 103, 110 and 119.
So as long as he can see the satellite at 99 degrees and his roof will support the dish, he should be ok at the same spot. (Assuming there's no obstruction like a chimney that just happens to be blocking 103):)

Status
Please reply by conversation.