Atlanta 61.5 HD

tansu

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Are the Atlanta 61.5 HD channels viewable yet?
My 722 will not access any 63-- channels, E-12 sat.
Paying for locals, but cannot get 129 at all.

Last edited:
but not now this week? :)

i too cannot get 129 and must use 61.5.... as of yesterday, i didn't see any hd ATL locals on 61.5...

could be i need to reboot but nothing yesterday...

garys is correct. they are up there (I guess) but we can't see them yet. Hopefully soon as I get a stronger signal on 61.5 so it should be less likely for rainfade.

Any word on the move date? I lost all my Atl HD locals last week (around the same time this post started ironically enough). I had a tech. come out and he seems to think a tree has grown into my feed from 129... which seems to be a common problem in the area. It would be so awesome if they moved them so i can get my Locals back (without having to use an OTA antenna, that is!). I actually asked him on the phone today if he had heard anything about atlanta locals moving to 61.5 and he said he had not. Can anyone post a link as to where the information came from that stated that they are indeed being moved from 129 to 61.5?

Thanks!

Any word on the move date? I lost all my Atl HD locals last week (around the same time this post started ironically enough). I had a tech. come out and he seems to think a tree has grown into my feed from 129... which seems to be a common problem in the area. It would be so awesome if they moved them so i can get my Locals back (without having to use an OTA antenna, that is!). I actually asked him on the phone today if he had heard anything about atlanta locals moving to 61.5 and he said he had not. Can anyone post a link as to where the information came from that stated that they are indeed being moved from 129 to 61.5?

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I think they are being added (or mirrored) to the 61.5. I don't believe they are being moved to 61.5 and the 129° location will still be availible.

Yea sorry.. I meant mirrored... it would make sense to mirror because if they "moved" them that would mean everyone in the Atlanta area would have to have a second dish put up to recieve the 61.5 feed... Sorry for the confusion... regardless... has anyone seen anything on when the mirror will occur or has it? I saw in another thread that it was available but noone including my tech guy had heard anything about it.

Just thought I'd bring this to the top and see if anyone has any new information on Atlanta HD locals moving to 61.5.
Thanks!

I just had a new dish installed pointed at the 61.5 sat. because I lost my link with 129. I DO NOT have the atlanta locals!! Apparently the uplink report from a month ago or so that said that they were uplinked and available was wrong! Anyone have any idea if/when they will be available on 61.5?

The uplinks NEVER said they were available on 61.5. Although I expect it in the next couple months.

Here is a copy of where it says they should be available (except P'tree TV HD):

6365(2) - WSB [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6366(46) - WGCL [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6367(11) - WXIA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6368(5) - WAGA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6369(17) - WPCH [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Not Available)(Atlanta, GA)

And here is the link to the actual report if you want to check for yourself. It was the uplink report on 4/2/2008:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/uplink-...ivity-report-4-2-2008-3-10pm-631-changes.html

Okay, so I'm kind of stupid when it comes to this uplink stuff...if it says the channel is available, shouldn't I be able to see it? I'm referring to the Atlanta locals on 61.5.
Thanks.

Here is a copy of where it says they should be available (except P'tree TV HD):

6365(2) - WSB [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6366(46) - WGCL [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6367(11) - WXIA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6368(5) - WAGA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6369(17) - WPCH [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Not Available)(Atlanta, GA)

And here is the link to the actual report if you want to check for yourself. It was the uplink report on 4/2/2008:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/uplink-...ivity-report-4-2-2008-3-10pm-631-changes.html

There were issues with the available flags on the uplink flags due to the duplicate channel numbers. For the latest data check TheList.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 61.5°W

Well that sucks! If/when they ever become available, will i have to do anything to get the channels or will they appear automatically like any other HD channel they add?

As long as you have 61.5 and subscribe to your market's locals, they will just pop up when they kick them in one day.

I don't remember but I'm assuming you don't have LOS to 129, right?

yea... I just recently lost view of 129... I had it fine last summer but apparently this year a tree has grown into my line of site of 129. The tech said my only option was a 20' pole at the end of my driveway or a second satellite pointed at 61.5 and some prayers that Dish would finally mirror the atlanta locals on 61.5... needless to say, I'm still prayin! haha!

This may be on another thread somewhere, but what is the process as far as this kind of stuff goes. The Atlanta locals have apparently been uplinked but are not available. I've had some people tell me that this is a sort of a trial period before they make them available but i've had other people tell me it means absolutely nothing and not to expect the locals to be on 61.5 anytime soon... Can anyone clarify what it means when channels are uplinked but not available and if it does mean that they will be available at some point, generally how long it takes?

Thanks guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)