Atlanta area Eastern Arc questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gretschdrum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Hi Folks,

I’ve been a Dish customer for several years and have the 1000.2/Western Arc setup. I’m in the Smyrna area of Atlanta. I’m moving soon but staying in the same vicinity. I’m wondering if Dish will try to convert me to the Eastern Arc or if I can request, or even want to stay on the Western Arc. I know some folks say the signal strengths are not as good on the Eastern Arc, which causes rain fade and reception issues. So, here are the questions.

1) Will Dish make me switch to the Eastern Arc? Should I request to stay on the Western Arc?
2) If I go to the Eastern Arc what should a properly peaked dish’s signal strengths look like for the Smyrna, GA area?

FYI, on my 1000.2 Western Arc dish my current signal strengths are:

Sat. 110, TP 11 - 64
Sat. 119, TP 11 – 53
Sat. 119, TP 12 – 63
Sat. 129, TP 31 – 52
Sat. 129, TP 32 - 50

Advice appreciated!

Hi Folks,

I’ve been a Dish customer for several years and have the 1000.2/Western Arc setup. I’m in the Smyrna area of Atlanta. I’m moving soon but staying in the same vicinity. I’m wondering if Dish will try to convert me to the Eastern Arc or if I can request, or even want to stay on the Western Arc. I know some folks say the signal strengths are not as good on the Eastern Arc, which causes rain fade and reception issues. So, here are the questions.

1) Will Dish make me switch to the Eastern Arc? Should I request to stay on the Western Arc?
2) If I go to the Eastern Arc what should a properly peaked dish’s signal strengths look like for the Smyrna, GA area?

FYI, on my 1000.2 Western Arc dish my current signal strengths are:

Sat. 110, TP 11 - 64
Sat. 119, TP 11 – 53
Sat. 119, TP 12 – 63
Sat. 129, TP 31 – 52
Sat. 129, TP 32 - 50

Advice appreciated!

When I did a Dishmover from a WA DMA to an EA DMA in FL that is also on the WA, they left me on the WA. That is no guarantee they will do the same for you, but it is possible . Line of sight issues to one arc or the another might also come into play. With all the new satellites going up to the eastern arc slots, I don't think rain fade is going to be any more of an issue than it is on the WA. Heavy cloud cover/rain can block enough signal to lose lock on either arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)