URGENT ACTION REQUIRED !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I just received a letter from Dish with that message in huge red letters. It says they need to replace some or all of my equipment so that I don't lose my HD service. I am in lower NY and now have 2 dishes, one of which is pointed at 61.5, which I think is where my HD channels are, the other at 119 & 110 . I have a 622 and 3/522's with 2 SW64 switches.

Sorry if this has been covered here, but I've been out of the loop for a while. What's this all about?

Do a search here on "EA" or "Eastern Arc."

You have a hybrid setup, as I did. You cannot receive all the HD channels transmitted. They will likely replace your two dish system with a single 1000.4 dish for 61.5, 72.7 & 77. Some people will get WA dishes, the 1000.2 for 110/119/129. Which you get depends on look angles and where your locals are transmitted from (even if you don't subscribe to them).

Also, your 522s are gonners. EA uses MPEG-4, which the 522 cannot decode. They'll "make you an offer" on replacing them with ViP series receivers.

I received the same letter today as well. I was "mixed arc" but after the 61.5 fiasco, I moved the wing dish to 129 & have been doing ok... My concern is, is this real, or some kind of a hoax? The phone # that is listed is not the "3474" # that you usually call to get them... Any input from anyone?

Thanks

Do a search here on "EA" or "Eastern Arc."

You have a hybrid setup, as I did. You cannot receive all the HD channels transmitted. They will likely replace your two dish system with a single 1000.4 dish for 61.5, 72.7 & 77. Some people will get WA dishes, the 1000.2 for 110/119/129. Which you get depends on look angles and where your locals are transmitted from (even if you don't subscribe to them).

Also, your 522s are gonners. EA uses MPEG-4, which the 522 cannot decode. They'll "make you an offer" on replacing them with ViP series receivers.

Thanks navy. This should be interesting since I own all of my receivers. Do you know if I will keep the double SW64 switch or will they need to change that too?

Thanks navy. This should be interesting since I own all of my receivers. Do you know if I will keep the double SW64 switch or will they need to change that too?
The 1000.4 has a switch built in so they will probably take it away.

Thats what they did with my DPP44

Problem with these letters are that many people on 61.5 are on them for a reason and are just scaring the hell out of people thinking they are going to lose or miss out on something. Many around my area are on 61.5 for HD's cause they can't hit 129 due to tree's or other obstructions so its a LOS issue and Dish CSR's fail to read notes or some tech that put the 61.5 up didn't make sure to note it in the first place. I've rolled on a few of these and I'm tired of having customers argue with me about it when there isn't a thing I can do unless they feel like cutting tree's ( usually BIG tree's) or knocking down a house/building. :rolleyes:

This type of letter has been around for years, starting with the first batch of receivers made defunct by the TIVO lawsuit (722, et al) or Nagra concerns. IMO, it is a bit of overkill on the hysteria, but isn't that the current Dish MO -- get their customers all stirred up and let someone else, i.e. external customer support, sort it out?

Those who are looking at 110/119/61.5 have already lost most of their HD channels, they were moved to 72.7.

This type of letter has been around for years, starting with the first batch of receivers made defunct by the TIVO lawsuit (722, et al) or Nagra concerns. IMO, it is a bit of overkill on the hysteria, but isn't that the current Dish MO -- get their customers all stirred up and let someone else, i.e. external customer support, sort it out?

I'm not really hysterical, just wanting to make sure i don't give important info to some scam... I'd love to have a 1000.2 & i can get rid of my DP34 and drop one line coming from the dish to my 622... then again, a 1000.4 & 2 free MPEG4 receivers to replace my 311's would be great too :yes:clap

I'm not really hysterical, just wanting to make sure i don't give important info to some scam... I'd love to have a 1000.2 & i can get rid of my DP34 and drop one line coming from the dish to my 622... then again, a 1000.4 & 2 free MPEG4 receivers to replace my 311's would be great too :yes:clap

Not you, Dish. The URGENT ACTION REQUIRED ! notice seems like overkill but I guess it depends on how much you value your service.

The premium HD movie channels are going to start migrating to 72.7 in the next few weeks. I think thats why some are getting these notices in the mail.

The 1000.4 has a switch built in so they will probably take it away.

Thats what they did with my DPP44

I have the 1000.4 dish with 4 dual tuner receivers. 2 Vip622's and 2 Vip612's and I need the DPP44 switch. So it depends on how many receivers you have if you need a switch or not. You should get the DPP44 switch with the 1000.4 switch. Not sure what you get with the 1000.2 (WA) dish.

Those who are looking at 110/119/61.5 have already lost most of their HD channels, they were moved to 72.7.

I don't think anything has been moved yet. No new channels have been added to 61.5 though.

722 wasn't included in the lawsuit.

I'm sure he meant the 721, and had a finger fumble. That's why I make a point of always saying "ViP722" rather than just "722."

I'm really surprised that you're good with 129. Hard to get much further east than your location.

I have a VIP722, a 4900 and a 510D.

I don't want to reduce the # of my receivers.

Will Dish replace the 4900 and the 510D since they are on MPEG-2?

What hardware are they replacing receivers with?

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)