URGENT ACTION REQUIRED !

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It would be helpful if anyone receiving these letters could post what programming they sub to. Any premiums, internationals, core, local market.

It would be helpful if anyone receiving these letters could post what programming they sub to. Any premiums, internationals, core, local market.

I have AEP ( Includes locals, America's Top 250, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz.), and HD250.

I'm really surprised that you're good with 129. Hard to get much further east than your location.

I actually get high 50's to low 60's on 129... of course it's stuck out in the middle of the yard now 'cause when I had 61.5 it was up next to the house w/ the super dish, when I spun to 129 the roof over hang, deck cover, & garage got in the way :(

I just received a letter from Dish with that message in huge red letters. It says they need to replace some or all of my equipment so that I don't lose my HD service. I am in lower NY and now have 2 dishes, one of which is pointed at 61.5, which I think is where my HD channels are, the other at 119 & 110 . I have a 622 and 3/522's with 2 SW64 switches.
You have 3 522's? You are about to get socked with higher receiver fees. If you can get by with fewer receivers, you will save a little money. You can change the 522's to 722's. Let each DVR independently operate 2 TV's just like your current 622 does. Your switch should be changed to a DPP44.

I have AEP ( Includes locals, America's Top 250, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz.), and HD250.
You are already missing some HD channels like E!, History International, SyFy, TCM and a few others. You haven't noticed this?

I am guessing you get locals from NYC. The 1000.4 (EA) dish has everything you need. In New York, the new dish will be aimed almost due south.

You have 3 522's? You are about to get socked with higher receiver fees. If you can get by with fewer receivers, you will save a little money. You can change the 522's to 722's. Let each DVR independently operate 2 TV's just like your current 622 does. Your switch should be changed to a DPP44.
Fees shouldn't change. Dish doesn't defrenciate between SD & HD receivers, so the 722 will have the same fees as the 522.

Also, except for HD & external HDD support, the 522 already does what your sudjesting doing with the 722 (ie 2 tv support)

Fees shouldn't change. Dish doesn't defrenciate between SD & HD receivers, so the 722 will have the same fees as the 522.

Also, except for HD & external HDD support, the 522 already does what your sudjesting doing with the 722 (ie 2 tv support)

Sorry. You are correct. I was thinking the SD DVR's were cheaper than the HD's.

Those who are looking at 110/119/61.5 have already lost most of their HD channels, they were moved to 72.7.

What HD channels have I lost? I haven't gotten the new ones, however, to the best of my knowledge I have not lost any of the ones that I had. I do not subscribe to any movie channels so if they move it will not affect me. It is possible that down the road other HD channels will move from 61.5 to 72.
When that happens I will lose channels. I can not get 129 or 77 because of LOS. Therefore, I will probably be switching to Direct.

You are already missing some HD channels like E!, History International, SyFy, TCM and a few others. You haven't noticed this?

I am guessing you get locals from NYC. The 1000.4 (EA) dish has everything you need. In New York, the new dish will be aimed almost due south.

I knew I was missing some of the new HD but I didn't really want to bother with this until I had to. I have a very complicated system with all the equipment centrally located and feeding 9 TV's throughout my house. I just know they are going to screw something up and I'll be spending hours getting everything back in order (like all the remotes) .

They are coming tomorrow and they said I'd be getting either 622's or 722's to replace my 522's. And yes they'll be installing a DPP44 switch and 1000.4 dish. He said my bill will not change ( I already pay $17 in receiver fees.)

Right now mt 522's are set in dual mode, can I do that with either the 622 or 722 ?

Great! Whats the difference between the 622 and 722? He said they could show up with either of those?

320 GB HD (622) and silver color, 500GB HD (722) and black.

I knew I was missing some of the new HD but I didn't really want to bother with this until I had to. I have a very complicated system with all the equipment centrally located and feeding 9 TV's throughout my house. I just know they are going to screw something up and I'll be spending hours getting everything back in order (like all the remotes) .

They are coming tomorrow and they said I'd be getting either 622's or 722's to replace my 522's. And yes they'll be installing a DPP44 switch and 1000.4 dish. He said my bill will not change ( I already pay $17 in receiver fees.)

Right now mt 522's are set in dual mode, can I do that with either the 622 or 722 ?

Since you received a letter about this install, did they mention a price @ any time? Did it take any arm-pulling to have them make it no charge or did they never mention a price?

I'm in the NYC area and in a week from now I'll be a former Dish customer due to the hassle of this issue.

Good luck with your install.

Since you received a letter about this install, did they mention a price @ any time? Did it take any arm-pulling to have them make it no charge or did they never mention a price?

I'm in the NYC area and in a week from now I'll be a former Dish customer due to the hassle of this issue.

Good luck with your install.

They said it won't cost me anything, but in a way it does. I own all of my equipment, which in the past I could sell on ebay and recoup some of the cost. Now that equipment is worth $0. The equipment they are replacing my 522's with will belong to Dish. So I am basically losing the cost of my 522's .

I'm also an A+ customer with a hefty monthly subscription which may help in that they want to keep suckers like me as customers.

Also, I was told I might get a 722 or 722k and my existing remotes won't work with the k model. I searched but can't find a thread explaining the difference between the two. How are they different and which is better? These HD receivers can output SD over coax to 2 TV's in dual mode?

Last edited:
Also, I was told I might get a 722 or 722k and my existing remotes won't work with the k model. I searched but can't find a thread explaining the difference between the two. How are they different and which is better? These HD receivers can output SD over coax to 2 TV's in dual mode?
The 722 includes a built-in OTA tuner, the 722k does not. You can purchase a module that adds 2 OTA tuners to the 722k for $35 though.

Thanks Derwin. The more I think about it , the more I realize what a huge PITA this is going to be for me. I'll have to re-program everyone's Favorites and recordings into 6 receivers. I also have one of the 522's sending audio to my whole house music system which I'll have to redo. And I have security cameras going to the antenna inputs of the receivers now which I won't be able to do with any of these HD receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts