Atlanta - HR20 direct from DTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dervari

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Has anyone from Atlanta gotten an HR20 direct from DTV? I was told that I qualify for a free HR20, but that they couldn't yet guarantee which HD DVR that I would get if they scheduled an installation in Atlanta. Is Ron's TV still doing NE Atlanta (Northlake area) installs?

depends on how good your installer is. Got mine replaced last sat 9/9 and the guy looked at the sales order and knew to get the hr20, that they had received the first part of last week. I don't think he was officially supposed to give it to me, but he knew that it would mean another trip later on for no good reason. BTW i am in TX, but all areas should be stocked with the HR20.
Good Luck.

Here it is doing install now of the HR20-700.got my from d* free upgrade they just could not tell which hddvr i would get turned out to be the HR20. will post after install and let everyone know how it goes.

Attachments

• P1010056.JPG
    P1010056.JPG
    264.5 KB · Views: 176
  • P1010058.JPG
    P1010058.JPG
    305.5 KB · Views: 172
  • hr20 3.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 190
  • hr20 4.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Mass tech in lavonia GA. did a great job this was his first hr 20. had a little trouble getting the dvr activated. but all is going well takes so getting use to.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. D* says it's not yet available to me either. My most recent call was this morning.

I may go ahead and roll the dice. Can they just drop it off? I have everything wired and just need to replace my H20. No dish install needed.

Well, Im finally scheduled for an install on the 19th. I had to threaten to cancel and go to E* just to get it. Final deal was a free HR20 (not a lease) to replace my HDTivo and I had to pay $19.95 for shipping!

Smthkd said:
Well, Im finally scheduled for an install on the 19th. I had to threaten to cancel and go to E* just to get it. Final deal was a free HR20 (not a lease) to replace my HDTivo and I had to pay $19.95 for shipping!

Congrats! However, you may want to double check because you are leasing the HR-20.:)

Mtnmike said:
Congrats! However, you may want to double check because you are leasing the HR-20.:)
I already have! They noticed I owned and paid for all my boxes and my account was noted to have a free swap non-leased. I am however in a new 2 year agreement!;)

I'm not sure I'd want to go with an owned unit. Even Robert at VE is recommending going leased. If it's leased and goes kaput, you get another one, no questions asked. If you own and it goes out on day 91, you're SOL.

I'm in Atlanta, called D* this morning and was told the HR20 wouldn't be available in Atlanta until some unknown time between now and November, then read this thread and called back, and now they tell me it is, in fact, available in Atlanta and gave me an install date of later this month. Don't ge me wrong, I'm pleased that I'm getting the HR20, but what gives?

Smthkd said:

Lucky, I'd almost kill for this deal if it included the new installation of the required dish/etc here in Detroit.

But good job!

Same deal here. $19.95 for shipping with free install, although I wish they would just send it to me and let me do the install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts