Atlanta Local Hd in FL panhandle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

philin_98

Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
This is my first post. I have read a lot of other post before asking this question and got an idea but still not sure. I use to receive Atlanta channels on dish before they had to go to this spot beam mess and it all went away. Well now I have a new HD TV and I want HD locals channels. I get Panama City now, but who knows how long until they upgrade to HD. I still have to get CBS on rabbit ears. I am going to upgrade to HD programming so that means having someone come out and replace the Dish 500 with a Dish 1000 I assume. I am going to assume they will give me 61.5 instead of 129 to go with 110 and 119. My question is will I still have to live in the spot beam for the HD or will I get it because the spot beam is either bigger or don't exist for the HD side. Is there anyone else that does this and do you have any problem or will I have to use a Tallahassee address and wait until February for the change to HD on them.

You can get the Mobile/Pensacola networks in HD on Dish (except for NBC). I looked into the Atlanta spotbeam and the beam does not reach the panhandle here in Pensacola as far as I could tell. I even checked the signal strength on my receiver for the Atlanta spotbeam and could not get a signal. See what you get and post the results.

Also, I would think that you would get and EA dish for 72,77 and 61.5.

if you could convince the installer to put up the western arc dish, you should be able to see 129*, where the HD atlanta locals are also hosted. I live in indianapolis, and get atlanta locals through 129. Who knows how long that will last though

The new Ciel-2 satellite goes up Wednesday.

It has spot beams for western locals, I suspect Atlanta HD locals will be on spots by the end of February.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts