Atsc Ota Epg?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

8Ball Sam

Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Hello,

Have purchased Pansat 9200HD. Seems to be a nice satellite receiver. Will have to purchase VBox soon to interface with my larger dish. Is new purchase so very much work in progress.

This model receiver includes an ATSC OTA tuner and it seems to be a good one. Question has to do with the onscreen guide. I was hoping that it would be of some use for the OTA channels I receive but so far it is blank. Do all OTA channels transmit programing information? Several years ago I had a device that included TV Guide On Screen which worked well with my OTA analog channels. I was hoping this receiver would work with my digital SD and HD ones.

Thoughts? I would hate to purchase a separate OTA tuner just for guide when this receiver's seems very nice.

The Pansat 9200 does not display the PSIP information for the ATSC tuner in the EPG, nor does it support TVGOS. It is a very good tuner as far as locking stations.

Is pansat working on adding OTA epg capability to the pansat 9200 via a firmware update?

As far as I know all the analog-to-digital converter boxes have this feature. I wonder why it is so difficult for them to add this functionality?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)