ATT/SBC dish customer ?

Nitehawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
California
I haven't had time lately to check and see if this has been asked yet or not.So here it goes.Do any of you know if ATT/SBC dish subscribers will be getting any offers along down the line for any of the new HD receivers? I have an 811 now that was installed back around November,and would like to trade up.Any info would be apreciated on this.

Thanks,
Nitehawk

I dont know, but I'm an SBC/ATT/Dish Network customer, and I'll let you know tonight (this morning/today).

Same here. Nothing new on their own web-site about the new equipment or packages. Plan on calling after work (or during if I get the chance). Will keep tabs to see what is going on, but most likely since I am being forced to move in a month, I might be waiting just to do a fresh install ad upgrade all at once...

I was told to call back after Feb 01, 2006; when I called a couple weeks back to have my Dish500 swapped for a Dish1000 + add current Vooms.

Dish1000 and vooms were up and running on the 28th with no problems. I have not called ATT/SBC this morning. Until I know 211s are working with HDMI, I won't call.

It will be interesting to see what they have to offer.Hopefully a nice little swap out, with out to much hassel.It probably will not happen right away though.

Nitehawk777

Well, I basically got the same deal as everyone else. $299 DVR and my DishHD Platinum package with locals to avoid all the erraneous fees was only $100/mo.

thecodeman said:
Well, I basically got the same deal as everyone else. $299 DVR and my DishHD Platinum package with locals to avoid all the erraneous fees was only $100/mo.

No commitment?

I will call in a few minutes. I just need to sort out the pricing with the new packages.

We will have to see, in their earning statement yesterday to analysts they said that the homezone (mediaportal box from sbc) was expected 2nd quarter of this year. It will be interesting to see if they dont allow upgrades until this box comes out and how much this box will be if that happens.

Well, just called and they want $99.99 for the 211. According to the CSR, ATT/Dish customers can't just do a receiver swap. They need to send someone to swap it for you (are we retarded customers now?).

I'm going to try Tech. Support and see how it goes.

Second call, this time to Tech. Support. She says that ATT/Dish customers are not eligible to upgrade to the MPEG4 receivers, huh???

Thank you, I will call back some other time. This CSR was saying: "Let me see", "Uh, uh", "Let me put you on hold", "Let me talk to my supervisor". So I'll try again later today. Sigh!

That's crazy!!!! We should be able to install the receiver on our own.I mean come on all you have to do is unplug it.Disconnect a few cables and your set.I will also need to find out if they will charge for a service call and the install.

Nitehawk

Nitehawk said:
That's crazy!!!! We should be able to install the receiver on our own.I mean come on all you have to do is unplug it.Disconnect a few cables and your set.I will also need to find out if they will charge for a service call and the install.

Nitehawk
Yeah, no one I spoke with last night/this morning seemed to know anything about me installing myself. IMO it would save them an install time, I'm already setup with dish 1000 and 110,119,129.

Just got off the phone with CSR. After 20 minutes of the "hold on", "wait one" and "i'll check on that", he told me only the 211 was available now for the $99.00 instalation fee. The 622 will be available at a later date. He said that they are advising to wait until 1 April when the rebate of $200 and the 622 (for $299) become available. As long as I get the Olympics, i'll be good to go until then.

Well, third call today. She said that she couldn't offer me the upgrade for the new MPEG4 receivers.

I think, I'll wait a few more days. BTW, all of the CSRs I spoke today are actually Dish Network employees but handle the ATT calls routed to them.

Just got off the phone with CSR. After 20 minutes of the "hold on", "wait one" and "i'll check on that", he told me only the 211 was available now for the $99.00 instalation fee. The 622 will be available at a later date. He said that they are advising to wait until 1 April when the rebate of $200 and the 622 (for $299) become available. As long as I get the Olympics, i'll be good to go until then. The guy was pretty polite though....

After 5 calls I will finally get a 211 tomorrow.

It's not a swap for the 811, I'm just adding another receiver to my account and then I will cancel my 811 and send it back to them. Since it's just a receiver being added it will be $99.99 and not $49.99.

Again they said, there is no upgrade option for ATT/Dish customers.

I'm going to wait untill mpeg4 is manditory.Right now I have the hd pack and the voom pack with sbc/att.I would love a 211 but I can wait a little longer.The one channel I do want is universal.Did they tell you if you would have an installation fee?Anyway will see what happens.

Nitehawk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)