Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

DishNtwkBoy12684

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
I was reading news on yahoo tonight about Dish, this one article popped up and thought it was quite interesting. I hope at&t:mad: is not able to pursue through the buyout. My mother in law retired from SouthBell before they got bought out from at&t. At&t would prob destroy Dish if like they are with their own company. Their cstmr service is horrible, agree? I have phone and dsl through at&t and I have to wait at least 10-20min each time I need to contact them. I just pray Dish thinks clearly on this one!!!

Report: AT&T looking at buying parent company of DISH Network

Associated Press - September 28, 2007 10:34 AM ET
DENVER (AP) - Shares of Englewood-based EchoStar Communications are dipping slightly this morning after shooting up yesterday amid news of a possible buyout.
The Rocky Mountain News reports that AT&T is looking at acquiring the DISH Network parent.
Shares closed yesterday up $2.51 at $45.98, but the News cites TheStreet.com in reporting that EchoStar Chief Executive Officer Charlie Ergen wants $65 a share for the company.
Analysts say a deal between the two companies would give AT&T more television customers to compete with cable companies.
An agreement expires next year under which AT&T has been reselling EchoStar satellite services in 13 states throughout the Midwest and Southwest.
AT&T hasn't revealed its future plans.

Credit to:
KJCT8.com - Grand Junction, Montrose - Weather, News, Sports | Report: AT&T looking at buying parent company of DISH Network

Very interesting. Although the thought of a giant buying Echostar scares me, I do have AT&T phone and internet, so I'd probably get some good savings there with an all in one package! LOL

After spending 45 minutes on the phone today talking to 4 CSRs about my $100 Dish 'n It Up credit, which they said did not have the correct account number (I submitted a copy of the install with my account # highlighted with the mail-in form), even though it was showing the same info on my acccount the CSR was reading back to me, I was ready to scream. I just wish whomever buys DISH would improve CS to the point you can get something done without jumping thru hoop after hoop.

You people realize that even if a deal were to be done (with whomever) it would still be mid to late next year at the absolute earliest, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)