Attaching LNB, to dish arm

TFLeonard

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
I just upgraded my three dish setup to a 3 dish pro LNB's and a SWDPP33. Everything reception-wise is fine, but at least one of my LNB's doesn't fit into the dish's arm very well.

I have two large 18" dishes for 110 and 119 and the old LNB's had squarer ends that fit into the opening on the arm (where the coax gets connected to the LNB). The new DP LNB's have a more rounded end.

Obviously I can slip these in the arms and get the system to work, but I'm afraid that during a storm etc. they won't hold.

My installer says I have to get all new dishes which I think is crazy (more like he's too lazy to find another solution), so I wanted to get advise here on what options I may have.

Is there some sort of adapter that I could use without overly lengthening the arm? Worse case, I guess I could secure the LNB"s with electrical tape but that's not ideal. Any ideas?

On a side note, I was wondering if it was a good idea to put my SWDP33 in a plastic electrical box mounted on the side of the house to protect it better from sun and elements? Or, will it get too hot and be better exposed for cooling?

I have used the single lnb adapters that are used for a dish 500 with the single lnb, but you have to cut the arm on your current 18'' dish so the length will be the same as it was before you attach the adapter.

I have also modified the square tube by cutting a small section of the top of the tube to allow the lnb to fit, but like the adapter better. the dish store is the only place I have seen them, other than ebay.

the dpp33 is made be in the elements and is fine outside....

I think one of your old dishes and lnb may have been Direct equip or you are missing the single lnb adapter and had a Direct lnb stuck on a 500 dish

All Dish lnbs were always rounded

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts