Attempting to get a 622...dish trying to sitck me with soon to be obsolete equipment

williamkmurphy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Bills Country
I currently have a leased vip 211 got it 2/1/06 (mpeg4 launch date) so I have well exceeded the 12 month upgrade period. I called customer diservice today and asked what an upgrade to a 622 would cost me. They told be 549 to own. Said I could upgrade to a 942? DVR. I told the guy he was wrong and that that was obsolete and can't do mpeg 4. Why can I not get the 149 upgrade.

Also my contract is up mid august 1st (18 mo).

Am i forced to buy the 622 or should I fire an email to ceo@echostar.com and circumvent the csr's?

If everything you said is true, then the CSR is simply wrong.

Always call back 5 minutes later, if you think a CSR is wrong.

Yesterday, Dish announced that they are replacing all 942's.

Isn't it a replacement of your 942, if you want it replaced? Folks that want to keep them can do so, but that might not be a wise move. How much longer will they update it?

I think 8bits comment is right. Youa re trying to turn a leased mpeg4 box into a leased mpeg4 dvr. They should not require you to buy one. Call back AND send an email to CEO for a better deal.

Why not swap out the 942 then you have 2 vip receivers?
Confusion abound... he never mentioned he has a 942 (I doubt he does). The only reason 942 was originally mentioned is because that's what the [also confused] CSR offered to give him in exchange for his leased 211.

Any you all thought the resposes from a CSR were all messed up and confused responses. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)