attention 1317

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
attention 1317 when will this feature will be coming to the hopper with sling we have been waiting for a long time for this i wish someone from dish would look into this for us we all would appreciate it very much.

thanks

Allen bluegras Culver
streator,illinois

all it says feature coming soon and how long has that been very good question to ask

it would be nice so you can manually add ota stations instead of scanning all the time trying to get your stations back you want to see .

Do you know if any stations have been added to your local ota? Best wy to find out is connect your ota coax to your TV and do a scan and then compare the Hopper's ota channels to what your TV has.
Here, in Rochester NY when I do it, I find that nothing has been added since I did my original scan.

i would like to see this added in the near future maybe in the next software update.what do you guys think?let dish know to add this feature to help us out alot.thanks

i would like to see this added in the near future maybe in the next software update.what do you guys think?let dish know to add this feature to help us out alot.thanks
Yeah, maybe somebody should tell them.......

i really hope dish does add this feature someone needs to contact dish and let them know what is going on with this feature.we all would appreciate it very much.

I think we all agree with you. But they know, they just haven't prioritized it as we would like - and they hold all the cards, knowing how much or how little the OTA feature is used.

If one has moderate signals in different directions, you cannot get them all into the OTA tuners memory with a single scan because while pointing the antenna at one station or stations, the other are too weak to lock - this is a major PITA.

It would be OK if we could have a cumulative scan that added channels found but did not erase those that are not found on the subsequent scan.

We are able to delete individual channels, but cannot add them.

it would be nice so you can manually add ota stations instead of scanning all the time trying to get your stations back you want to see .
That's the ONE I always keep seeing and waiting for, too. I had to do a rescan for 3 new OTA's in my market, and, of course, this resulted in the erasure of the custom labels I had for many channels because Dish just does not do it all. This Feature Coming Soon.

FWIW, this is ONE thing TiVo does so much better than Dish and with far more elegance. TiVo will automatically find any new channels and then ask if you want it added to your master list. I always say "yes" and then I can decide if I want it on my All Channels or Favorites list (they also have the omnibus All you Receive list that is the prime master list). NO RESCANS EVER necessary. That technology would have been far more worth supposedly infringing :). Dish did get a lot of other tech from the TiVo settlement, I was hoping Dish would get that tech,too. We shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts