Attn: Current 6000 Owners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sparkman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Charlotte,NC
Just read this on AVS Forums:

Well, the installer has come and gone... I got the 6000u and 8psk module, but the 8vsb module is being shipped from Dish. When I called, I spoke to a very helpful CSR (Kathy, who has 6 kids) who explained that, effective 9/20, any 6000/6000u owner who wants an 8vsb cartridge can get one for free , plus $8.95 s&h. Since I was already expecting to get one for free as part of the package deal, this isn't a big deal, but it's very good news for other 6000 owners.

I just called & ordered mine. Only was charged for S&H. If there are any other current 6000 owners who don't have the 8vsb, call now and get this while it is available.

I just ordered a spare for $9. You know just in case my original really does need to have the fan plugged in.

Sparkman said:
Just read this on AVS Forums:

Well, the installer has come and gone... I got the 6000u and 8psk module, but the 8vsb module is being shipped from Dish. When I called, I spoke to a very helpful CSR (Kathy, who has 6 kids) who explained that, effective 9/20, any 6000/6000u owner who wants an 8vsb cartridge can get one for free , plus $8.95 s&h. Since I was already expecting to get one for free as part of the package deal, this isn't a big deal, but it's very good news for other 6000 owners.

I just called & ordered mine. Only was charged for S&H. If there are any other current 6000 owners who don't have the 8vsb, call now and get this while it is available.

Cool, my post from AVS made it over here too :) FWIW, my original installer completely failed to get the module ordered properly. After a long series of frustrating phone calls with incompetent Dish CSRs, I finally arranged to have the original installer bring me a module on Saturday. Hopefully that won't be required for any of y'all.

Got an 8VSB for the cost of shipping after playing CSR Roulette!

The first CSR said that my 6000 didn't qualify and presumably checked with her supervisor for verification (my 6000 was an early one from 2000). I said I didn't have time to argue and would call back when I had more time.

Called a day later and got another CSR who knew what to do and got it ordered for me. Even got the shipping charge put on my Credit Card Autopay :D

I then ordered an 8PSK from the SatelliteGuys store at a great price! Order shipped same day. Thanks Scott and Metro25.

$63 later, my 6000 is fully equipped. Not bad.

Jay

You got the 8vsb for $9 Shipping + Tax

i'm not sure why you people never say that .

6000 U $199 or $149 + Tax

You also might want to check and make sure that they charged you the correct tax .

I called yesterday to order the 8vsb module to have as an extra on hand in case the fan on mine died or something. The sales rep took the order and then came back on and said he was sending me over to the "confirmation" department. I held... and this lady comes on and says "okay sir I show you qualify for the $149 promotion and that includes the 8vsb module free with free installation..." I said "hold on!, all I wanted was the 8vsb module" It took her three tries before she could understand I didn't want the 6000 unit. I kept telling her I already have one and although I would love to get in on such a great deal, I have absolutley no use for it. Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that I will get a Dish 6000 delivered by UPS in the next three or four days and it may just cost me $8.95. :shock: She was pretty clueless.

Stacy

I orderd the 6000u and 8vsb on the 16th.

I got an 8psk on the 18th and the 6000u on the 25th. I called them yesterday on the 8vsb, which they said on the 25th was shipped the ~23rd. They are now sending me an 8vsb 2nd day air. Should be here Thursday.

Rolltide said: You got the 8vsb for $9 Shipping + Tax

i'm not sure why you people never say that .

6000 U $199 or $149 + Tax

I paid $149 for the 6000u. I paid $109.89 for a year of the HD package. I paid $0 for the 8vsb. I paid $0 for shipping. I paid $0 for tax. So for the record, I never say that too. ;)

Well, after the rigamarole with the Dish CSR's, I did just get a module shipped to me for $8.95. It was the 8psk. I had ordered the 8vsb. Anyway, I decided to keep it as a spare (I couldn't refuse it for the price) and I jsut picked up the phone and re-ordered the 8vsb. I got it yesterday. Now, I'm all set with a full complement of spare modules all for less than $18.00! Just think, if I would have ordered them five months ago, it would have been $200.

I keep thinking that someday, in the future, they might actually be usable in some other configuration. That is, if I don't need to use them in the old 6000 unit.

Stacy

6000u modules

I just ordered a 6000u and will get an installer out to point my second satellite in the right direction.

I am reading about these extra modules for the 6000. I don't understand what they do or what I need them for.

Can someone bring me up to speed?

Froglips

Ok...

The 8psk module lets your 6000 see new HD Channels like Discovery HD and ESPN HD. Without this module you can see them. Since you have a 6000u you have this module.

The 8vsb module lets you tune in local over the air (OTA) Channels (Both analog and Digital) the 8vsb module is probably not in your 6000 by default and needs to be hooked up to an off air antenna.

We have both modules available in our store!

http://www.satelliteguysstore.com/index.php?cPath=23_28

or you could call Dish and get an 8VSB module for just the cost of shipping. They extended this to all 6000 owners a couple of weeks ago but didnt make it well know. Be persistant with the CSR and you should get the module for $8.95

Wow. Just ordered one. What made them get so generous? Best prior deal was 99.95 plus shipping when they first came out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)